Why become a member? ×

Trace Elliot V-Type 4x8 Combo *WITHDRAWN*

overwater#1

Hi all,

I'm soo going to regret this, but I must get some money together for other things.. I'm doing most of my work on bass trombone at the moment, and for the forseeable future, and doing plenty of professional and amateur work around the area. I'm studying with a renowned professor of bass bone, and should be studying at the RNCM or a London college next year...so all emphasis is on my bass trombone work.

I'm looking at purchasing a different bass trom anyway, that would work better for me, namely a dual bore Edwards B454 or a DB Rath R9 bass. I need to free up some money now anyway, and as I use my AH400SMX head with Peavey 2x10 cab all the time now, and also have a 4x10 and 1x15, the V-type combo isn't getting the use it deserves. I really could do with the money thats tied up in it, as it is vital to go towards the price of a new bass trombone.. by buying this, you'd be helping me so much, I hate to say it, as I love this combo!

It's in awesome condition anyway, plays superbly, really sounds very very special! The pre amp is sublime, and the speakers are very precise, and have a great tone! Rated at 290W, probably puts out some more than that to be honest!!

I can add pictures, and talk about more details if anyone is interested.

I'm looking for £350, with pickup in Blackpool area. I could do with every penny, with a new Edwards bass bone retailing at £4250 now!!! I seem to remember, this is what it cost me, and would look into postage if someone is very interested!

Like I say, I hate to have to put this up for sale, but needs must unfortunately!! Sorry Merton!! I'd love to keep hold of it, hope you can see my reasons.

I'll add more details soonish, and edit this thread as time goes on... If anyones interested anyway, please get in touch!

Thanks very much! Best wishes,

Matt

p.s I reserve the right to remove from sale at any time!

Edited by overwater#1

[quote name='overwater#1' post='473440' date='Apr 27 2009, 03:52 PM']Hi all,

I'm soo going to regret this, but I must get some money together for other things.. I'm doing most of my work on bass trombone at the moment, and for the forseeable future, and doing plenty of professional and amateur work around the area. I'm studying with a renowned professor of bass bone, and should be studying at the RNCM or a London college next year...so all emphasis is on my bass trombone work.

I'm looking at purchasing a different bass trom anyway, that would work better for me, namely a dual bore Edwards B454 or a DB Rath R9 bass. I need to free up some money now anyway, and as I use my AH400SMX head with Peavey 2x10 cab all the time now, and also have a 4x10 and 1x15, the V-type combo isn't getting the use it deserves. I really could do with the money thats tied up in it, as it is vital to go towards the price of a new bass trombone.. by buying this, you'd be helping me so much, I hate to say it, as I love this combo!

It's in awesome condition anyway, plays superbly, really sounds very very special! The pre amp is sublime, and the speakers are very precise, and have a great tone! Rated at 290W, probably puts out some more than that to be honest!!

I can add pictures, and talk about more details if anyone is interested.

I'm looking for £350, with pickup in Blackpool area. I could do with every penny, with a new Edwards bass bone retailing at £4250 now!!! I seem to remember, this is what it cost me, and would look into postage if someone is very interested!

Like I say, I hate to have to put this up for sale, but needs must unfortunately!! Sorry Merton!! I'd love to keep hold of it, hope you can see my reasons.

I'll add more details soonish, and edit this thread as time goes on... If anyones interested anyway, please get in touch!

Thanks very much! Best wishes,

Matt

p.s I reserve the right to remove from sale at any time![/quote]

Is this a full valve combo dude?

No, it has 2 valves in the pre if I'm correct, then solid state amp.. I think this is correct, if someone else can chime in?
This is definately for sale now, not a feeler.. I have got my eyes on a bass trom... :rolleyes:

Pics soon... :)
[quote name='Jesso' post='474705' date='Apr 29 2009, 12:02 AM']Is this a full valve combo dude?[/quote]

Edited by overwater#1

[quote name='overwater#1' post='473440' date='Apr 27 2009, 03:52 PM']Like I say, I hate to have to put this up for sale, but needs must unfortunately!! Sorry Merton!! I'd love to keep hold of it, hope you can see my reasons.[/quote]
So you should be :)

2 valves in the preamp, solid state power amp (I think it's the Bipolar Bear board but can't remember). Cracking combo, just VERY heavy!

Edited by Merton

Cheers Mert!! Heavy, what are you talking about man....? Its feather-light!!!
To be honest, I don't find the weight all that bad really.. mainly as it isn't a huge, cumbersome piece of kit, like my 4x10 cab, which is as heavy nearly, but massive too.
Any interest anyway? Don't hesitate to contact me at all. I'll stick some pics up as soon as I can!
I'm trialing a bass trombone in a fortnight, and might be looking at getting that. Ah I wish I could keep this, it's awesome, and i've not had it that long.. If I win the lottery this saturday, or get the euro.. this will be taken off sale, as i'd love to keep this!!!!!! It's truly a phenomenal piece of kit!!! Needs must though :)

I knew this wouldn't last long... Yep, i've decided to keep it, I knew it, I really cannot bear to part with this awesome piece of kit!! I really could do with the money, as I am test driving an Edwards B454 Bass Trombone in a week or so's time, but my parents have decided that they'll help me as opposed to regret selling this great amp, which I do really need to be honest! I'll find the money somewhere, but sure I got a great deal on this amp, and it is worth more than money to me really, so it's staying with me for the forseeable!
So.. sorry guys, Merton.. hope you're happy! :) This ain't goin anywhere...!!!

Edited by overwater#1

[quote name='overwater#1' post='477415' date='May 1 2009, 11:45 PM']I knew this wouldn't last long... Yep, i've decided to keep it, I knew it, I really cannot bear to part with this awesome piece of kit!! I really could do with the money, as I am test driving an Edwards B454 Bass Trombone in a week or so's time, but my parents have decided that they'll help me as opposed to regret selling this great amp, which I do really need to be honest! I'll find the money somewhere, but sure I got a great deal on this amp, and it is worth more than money to me really, so it's staying with me for the forseeable!
So.. sorry guys, Merton.. hope you're happy! :) This ain't goin anywhere...!!![/quote]

Hi Matt, how are you doing? Will still have to meet up sometime.

I used to have one of those, and unfortunately bought it just around the time my lumbar disc went. The compactness just added to the pain on lifting (too far to bend!), which is why I eventually sold it. Nice piece of kit though!