Why become a member? ×

**PRICE REDUCTION** Now £900 ovno - Fender 'Hot Rod' P/J in Sunburst USA - quite rare!
£1000
M.25 Junction 11

Hamster

I’ve had this a few years now and thought I would play it a lot.  I didn’t and it’s just on the wall doing nothing.  It’s easily the nicest Fender P/J I’ve ever played.  The neck is to Jazz neck spec, beautifully narrow and smooth and it almost plays itself.  Very little wear, almost as new.  Serial number dates to 2000/2001.  The Fender 'Hot Rod' P-Bass is a USA made precision bass sold between 1999 and 2001. It was made with custom Fender pickups: a Hot-Vintage P-bass pick and an extra Hot-Vintage Jazz bass pickup. This additional Jazz bass pickup was the 'hot-rodded' element of the Fender design.

Precision Thump and Jazz growl!

If you want it shipped, I’ll buy a cheap hard case for it and add that to the overall cost – or you can send me a case and I’ll ship it in that.  I will ship outside of the UK.

All shipping will be fully insured and at cost which will be added onto the price of the bass.  Obviously shipping costs will vary so if you’re serious I’ll get a quote, or you can arrange your own shipping and insurance.

20230302_134601.jpg20230302_134614.jpg20230302_134711.jpg

I’m in Surrey near the M.25 Junction 11.  I’m happy to travel a reasonable distance to meet you to ensure it doesn’t get damaged in transit.

I’ll accept offers on the asking price of £1000

• Like 12

Stunning basses IMO - outstanding late '90s build quality, standard P 1 5/8 neck (the 2016 run had the Jazz neck). Rare and georgeous. 

Underpriced I reckon though I would say that as I have one!

GLWS - someone needs to grab this quick.

• 2 months later...

I was hoping and intending to buy this, but can't pull the funds together. I have an identical one and wanted a second - flats n rounds why not.

I'm bumping this bass because I've kinda let Hamster down, but also to say just how very good they are. The late 90s - early 2000s builds are really good, and the straight P with the added versatility of the J back p'up is really something. And if anyone says they don't sound quite like a P I'd say it's in the mind. Back the J p'up right off and there is nothing in the signal chain to say it was ever there - it's just a straight P. Dial in the J p'up and you have pretty much all the Jazz sounds, scoop n everything.

As good a US build as you'll find (ex Customs maybe) and easily a match for later Ps including the 2016> Pros (which are renamed Standards pretty much).

Bargain - pile in.

• Hamster changed the title to **PRICE REDUCTION** Now £950 ovno - Fender 'Hot Rod' P/J in Sunburst USA - quite rare!
Guest Gabriel1918

These are really versatile basses, and this one is priced very fairly.  Good luck with the sale.

Edited by Gabriel1918

• 4 weeks later...
  • Hamster changed the title to **PRICE REDUCTION** Now £900 ovno - Fender 'Hot Rod' P/J in Sunburst USA - quite rare!
  • 3 weeks later...