Why become a member? ×

Zoom B2 Four

MarshallBTB

11 minutes ago, SamIAm said:

Damn you @dave_bass5, having missed one here on BC I've been 'forced' to do the same; it is projected to land tomorrow.

Perhaps we can compare notes :) 

Sam x

All part of the Basschat service. You cant come on here and not expect to have your money spent 😂.

First thing ill do is shake mine lol.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, dave_bass5 said:

I see Amazon are now quoting delivery in months. High five to us lol. 

When I ordered they said one remaining.  phew!

Sam x

Amazingly my the B2 four was just dropped off ... I was not expcting it for another 4 hours!

Seems solid, like the small size ... but it does have a 'rattle' when shaken as mentioned earlier.

Now to figure out how to use it and set up some patches and see if I like the sound.

I found a long but deep youtube about using it.

Sam x

• Like 1

I've seen that video. I found it quite irritating as although it's helpful it's a bit repetitive. 

When I got my first one I found it quite easy to get going with it after a few mins. 

Good luck. 

• Like 1

Just had my first rehearsal with the B2-Four. Seems to work really well. I prefer this over the B1-Four and my old B3(n). 

What really surprised me was i had it running off a small power bank and it seemed to drop around 10% per hour. So i went home with still just over 60% charge. Not as convenient as having internal batteries but i might use this rather than the supplied PSU. 

• Like 3

On 08/05/2024 at 23:20, dave_bass5 said:

Just had my first rehearsal with the B2-Four. Seems to work really well. I prefer this over the B1-Four and my old B3(n). 

What really surprised me was i had it running off a small power bank and it seemed to drop around 10% per hour. So i went home with still just over 60% charge. Not as convenient as having internal batteries but i might use this rather than the supplied PSU. 

You finding it's sounding better than your B1-4?

7 hours ago, Al Krow said:

You finding it's sounding better than your B1-4?

Yeah, it sounds a bit clearer and more open. Seems to have a bit more punch to it. I did a few A/B comparisons at home with headphones. Not sure the difference is as noticeable with the band though. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, DaleASmith said:

Looking at the effects list I'm thinking the expression pedal is very limit in what it can control.

I would have hoped they'd take inspiration for the Helix and make any parameter controllable...

Yeah, it’s a bit of a step back from my Helix Stomp. I miss the ability to turn off one effect and turn on another with one switch. 

I do like that becuse it is more basic i wont want to keep tweaking it. I found i got bogged down in all the possibilities with the Helix and my playing suffered a bit. 

Edited by dave_bass5
  • Like 3

Should add, the comparison between the two Zoom’s was done with the DI engaged on the B2-four. 
This section has surprised me. I wasn’t interested in the slightest before getting it, but now i find it indispensable. It’s a cool feature. Not sure it’s worth wasting a foot switch on it though. I’d be happy to just a global on or off. 

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, PaulThePlug said:

Noise inside... ribbon cable knocking about? 

A spring apparently. It’s loose but not detached. Seems like a few others have it, some saying back to last year when it came out. 

Not my video but this is the sound I’m hearing as well. 

Edited by dave_bass5

On TalkBass it is said (I believe it was confirmed) that the rattling noise is coming from those plastic 'cursor' foot-switches. Try shaking it while putting pressure on those switches to test/confirm this?

3 minutes ago, BEADist said:

On TalkBass it is said (I believe it was confirmed) that the rattling noise is coming from those plastic 'cursor' foot-switches. Try shaking it while putting pressure on those switches to test/confirm this?

I tried that (saw the post you mention) but it’s not that. Or at least i couldn’t get it to stop by covering the foot switches. 

I’m sending my B2 back. Nothing wrong with it as such, other than the speed the screen jumps back to the main screen which is really irritating, but i can see me getting distracted by it. Ive already noticed I’m spending more time tweaking it than playing at home. I also don’t really have a need for it, although i do enjoy using it. 
It struck me last night that the bass player in my main band doesn’t use any FX at all, and sounds great on everything. Just bass/cable/amp. Toys are nice to have but for me it’s a solution to a problem i don’t actually have. At least not at the moment. I’ll stick with my BDI-21 and that’s it. If i find i need more later on I’d certainly buy another B2. 

• Like 2