Why become a member? ×

Rack quandry???

Jamesemt

As I've just had to replace my amp, I've decided to buy a power amp.

The plan was to buy a pod xt pro to replace my kidney bean pod xt. However I've come across a sansamp rpm which looks tasty and easier to use.

My question is should I stick to the line 6 or should I look at getting seperate components? Only really use the preamp and compressor on the line 6 currently. Just how good would I find the rpm compared to the line 6, apart from being easier to use!

haha, probably just me but I really don't like line 6 tones. They just sound like a heavy metal tone (which is what I don;t want). It's that kind of over-the-top chorus flangy-thing that immediateltly goes into a searing hot heavy metal tone. I know for sure that it's that way on guitar, at least.

[quote name='iamapirate' post='475336' date='Apr 29 2009, 06:28 PM']haha, probably just me but I really don't like line 6 tones. They just sound like a heavy metal tone (which is what I don;t want). It's that kind of over-the-top chorus flangy-thing that immediateltly goes into a searing hot heavy metal tone. I know for sure that it's that way on guitar, at least.[/quote]

There's no such thing as a "Line 6 tone" that's the whole point. You shape your own tone using the Line 6 product. You may not like the options available but clearly you can turn off chorus and distortion and create 100s of tones without any chorus or distortion.

[quote name='crez5150' post='475766' date='Apr 30 2009, 10:01 AM']It would be great if there was a manufacture out there that could produce a product with the tone from your head you want straight out of the box.... ;0)[/quote]

Hmmmmm... it's a horror film in the making! ;o)

[quote name='iamapirate' post='474539' date='Apr 28 2009, 08:06 PM']As a haalf-decent bassist I'd say stear clear of Line 6 unless you like cheap, heavy metal chorussy amps :)[/quote]
I would guess you're referring to the stand alone guitar amps- this is what my girlfriend's Spider combo does. A Pod is a different beast altogether.

[quote name='cheddatom' post='474794' date='Apr 29 2009, 09:03 AM']The Line6 rack gear is excellent, as are all of the Pods etc. I'm not sure what this^guy's on about[/quote]

He's talking about the awful presets. The actual amp models, cab models and effects models are very good. My friend played The Royal Albert Hall with one.