Why become a member? ×

Double NAD - Ashdowns

pbasspecial

I very recently acquired a fantastic 20th anniversary series ABM 600. Using it mainly for my heavy rock covers band. What a great head, especially when twined with my Super Twin cab. 

I also not long ago picked up an Ashdown Studio 12 combo (for my jam nights). A few days later I saw on eBay that someone was selling a studio 12 combo (minus the amp) so I took a punt on it. 
Yesterday I finally I got around to fixing it. Added a dual speakon jack socket, moved the feet and grill badge as I need it turned 90 degrees for the combo to sit squarely F9644727-FD99-4B94-9EFF-686E42E1242C.thumb.jpeg.a1df4976a900b8ced4fa2b06c16f6fcc.jpegon top. So now have a modular combo rig too. It stands even taller than the 600/super twin set up. 

Edited by pbasspecial
  • Like 12

46 minutes ago, Downunderwonder said:

You seem to be saying someone already hacked the amp portion of the second combo before you got it? Then you shifted the badge to get a pukka looking matched stack. Good job!

Thank you.
Yes it was sold as just the cabinet with the speaker. Somebody had taken the amp part out and just left the wire and a strange (to me) white connector on the end. 
I don’t think it was the original speaker either as it was an 80w Celestine. decided to have a cheeky punt on eBay.  I won it for £17 plus £11 postage plus a fiver for a dual speakon connector. So £33 total. 
The way I look at is, even if I accidentally blow the speaker, I can use it as a riser to lift the combo off the floor to hear it better. 
Looks pretty cool too. 
Original photos below. 

0E668469-8788-4737-9ACB-3A1D6A340CA2.jpeg

382EDBC9-CBEB-4E9F-BAEC-6DA68EDC58AE.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pbasspecial said:

Thanks Lozz. Was really surprised how great it sounded. Probably shouldn’t have been!

I’ve just got myself the Studio 10 for home and possible popping round band mates places for a jam use, has  a great sound to it.

• Like 1