Why become a member? ×

1983 Squier JV PB-57 Precision in White - *SOLD*
£1200
Wakefield,

mikegatward

1983 Squier JV PB-57 Precision for sale due to me deciding this is the time to thin the herd down.   

I believe it's all original, except for the black scratchplate that's currently on it but i will also supply the original single ply white one.  You can see the raised A string pole pieces in the pics. This one weighs in a mere 8lb 2oz on the digital bathroom scales.

In great condition for a nearly 40 year old bass, a couple of tiny body blemishes, the neck is completely unblemished with frets in excellent nick. Truss rod works fine both ways. Pots are still smooth. No tarnishing on the chrome.

Moreover, it plays like a dream - a proper old school precision with a neck that is super playable. 

It will come with a Fender hardcase as shown in pics.

Would rather do collection on this, but happy to drop off do a halfway meet within 1.5 hours or so of Wakefield, West Yorkshire.

I've priced it based on recent sales but I'm open to sensible offers. Not looking for trades at this point.

Edited by mikegatward
Sold
  • Like 9

It’s not refinished. It’s all stock. I owned it for about 10 years and it’s the best P bass I’ve ever owned (and I’ve had many). I’ve seen more than one of these in white and I’ve also had this one stripped down with absolutely no visible sign of a re-fin. It is an absolute gem. They are quite rare to find in white but do exist. I believe there is also a 32” scale JV in white too.

https://www.fenderfever.com/squier-jv-precision-bass-1983-olympic-white

https://www.talkbass.com/threads/nbd-squier-jv-precision.1060958/

More than one BC’er has played on this at mine and all were highly impressed with it’s quality and playability. It pisssed all over my 79 USA. Any buyer will be very pleased! GLWTS.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, itsmedunc said:

It’s not refinished. It’s all stock. I owned it for about 10 years and it’s the best P bass I’ve ever owned (and I’ve had many). I’ve seen more than one of these in white and I’ve also had this one stripped down with absolutely no visible sign of a re-fin. It is an absolute gem. They are quite rare to find in white but do exist. I believe there is also a 32” scale JV in white too.

https://www.fenderfever.com/squier-jv-precision-bass-1983-olympic-white

https://www.talkbass.com/threads/nbd-squier-jv-precision.1060958/

More than one BC’er has played on this at mine and all were highly impressed with it’s quality and playability. It pisssed all over my 79 USA. Any buyer will be very pleased! GLWTS.

Cheers Dunc - hope all is good with you

6 minutes ago, mikegatward said:

Cheers Dunc - hope all is good with you

All good thanks Mike, hope it’s the same your end. I wish I had the finance as I’d buy her back! I’ve moved to medium and sort scales but I’d have her back in a heartbeat!

Hope you don't mind me adding to the description Mike but the neck depth of the neck is quite shallow and so, makes it really easy to play. Rolled edges too. It never went out of tune either, even if it hadn't been played for months! 

3 hours ago, itsmedunc said:

Hope you don't mind me adding to the description Mike but the neck depth of the neck is quite shallow and so, makes it really easy to play. Rolled edges too. It never went out of tune either, even if it hadn't been played for months! 

Thx Dunc -all that is true 😊

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • mikegatward changed the title to SOLD 1983 Squier JV PB-57 Precision in White