Why become a member? ×

Jad Freer Capo

EmmettC

1 hour ago, MrDinsdale said:

@Chadu25 This is how mines wired up to the GT1000core. You could do the same with the stomp.

IMG_5996.thumb.png.b74967fb59d86fcaeb7152fc23c1614c.png
I know it looks pretty crazy but it means you can go into the Capo to keep the Pre DI totally clear while also letting me move my analog pedals in GT loop 1 and the preamp portion of the Capo in GT loop 2 freely. The output of the GT is then passed back to the Capo post loop return and then sent via post DI to FOH and/or my amp.

I also have the option to run the other stereo out of the GT straight to my amp and run a cab sim on the output to FOH too although yet to find a need for that with the Capo. 

Thanks so much for this mate! I will try this setup and play around with it. Can't wait for my Capo to arrive. Love you demo of it btw! I subbed!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chadu25 said:

Thanks so much for this mate! I will try this setup and play around with it. Can't wait for my Capo to arrive. Love you demo of it btw! I subbed!

Thank you! Although I really didn’t do it justice!

It’s really fun to play with the loops like this, super powerful. 

So one thing that I always find a little underwhelming on the Capo is the B side. The most use I’ve gotten out of it is just thickening/boosting the A side. As a standalone preamp though I’m really not into the sound.

It’s been particularly noticeable compared to the Model Fet, it gives that full thick valve sound and reacts amazingly to other drives. I lack the musical vocabulary to properly describe it but there’s a velvety smooth texture it gives to any high gain tones.

Do people use B solo or is it just a boost?

Yeah they say it’s a more tube-like preamp. It’s definitely all about A, I just wish B had a little more character (the very specific character that I like to be precise 😂).

As a boost though it’s great with the A side to really push that gain.

Just arrived! Sorted the routing thanks to @MrDinsdale Just waiting for my board so I can put all my pedals together. Initial thoughts, even though I barely scratched the surface, but there's something saucy about the gain that I really love. Easily dialled the tone that I like and works well with the stuff that I do. More than that, it reacts so well when you stack it with other drives. I love it!

424905195_10159952184916367_7486841467488169307_n.jpg

Edited by Chadu25
  • Like 3

On 25/01/2024 at 23:25, MrDinsdale said:

Yeah they say it’s a more tube-like preamp. It’s definitely all about A, I just wish B had a little more character (the very specific character that I like to be precise 😂).

As a boost though it’s great with the A side to really push that gain.

I agree, and it’ll be the reason I keep my Bass Rig on the board to keep the valve warmth it gives. The B side feels a little underwhelming in any scenario, which is a shame because everything else about the pedal is a remarkable achievement and so cleverly designed. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I can totally see why I overlooked B side.

Maybe it will grow on me.

Recent feedback in the studio was the A side with whatever settings I threw down was the signal that needed the least doing to it/was the closest to what they’d apply with pres and comps when tracking.

Something about it still makes me want to sell it all the time 😅

As you all saw I listed mine for sale.

Following my last studio date and even though I had positive feedback about the sound. I’ve found I don’t need the capo doing the work of the studio outboard gear, that’s why I’m in the studio.

I’d much rather the engineer is dialing me in his side than at my feet.

I want and enjoy changing basses in the studio so I’m better running 2-3 separate chains.

This is my “gig” for the foreseeable future and in reviewing the recordings I’m happiest with my countryman.

I think done buying “tone” pedals, it’s weird stuff now going forward or it’s nothing 😅

• Like 1

I’ve also not had a huge amount of joy with the B side. The A side is great, extremely well voiced / versatile but the B side to me is pretty underwhelming as a drive or for tube saturation type tones. The rest of the pedal I could not fault. 

I’ve had quite a bit of luck using my Origin Black Panel into the Capo and cranking the gain and mids on the Bassman setting. Expensive solution to having a drive on my board but very satisfying as it does the squashy valve thing a lot better than the Capo. 

Edited by risingson