Why become a member? ×

Harley Benton DB02 need ideas for a better stand.

bluzdog

The endpin that came with with this bass is flimsy so I know I need to replace that. But the "body support" attachment is not very good either. Anyone found a good stand for their EUB, or maybe even made one. I'm thinking I may be able to fashion something out of a guitar stand or some other hardware. Looking for ideas or suggestions. Thanks!

Cymbal or mic stands are a good starting point. Having tried both,  I find the cymbal stand much more sturdy and confidence inspiring.  My Clifton EUB has very simple  L bracket on the back with a hole in it.  'Peg' from stand fits in the hole, end pin rests on floor and this is pretty solid. At some point I will either make a wooden block that sits between the stand, L bracket and back of bass or fix a block on the endpin which will stop the slight possible rotation of the bass.

This image https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5472/30258177395_d1089c7f15_z.jpg taken by @Silvia Bluejay shows a cymbal stand into another Clifton EUB.  This one is a better solution than the simple L bracket on mine.  

• Like 1

I had a Stagg EUB some years ago which looks similar and Stagg also sold a stand for it, but don't know if it is still available?. It was nice and sturdy and around £50 at the time. Just had a look on the Stagg website, it shows the EUB but not the stand but there may be some still floating around.....?

Aha, found it under orchestral: https://staggmusic.com/en/products/view/SVEDBECL-foldable-stand-for-electric-double-basselectric-cello/

Edited by yorks5stringer

2 hours ago, Grahambythesea said:

The Stagg stand arrived today. Heavier than I expected but does the job for my NS NXT. The top arm extends a lot further than this if needed.

6BA2DA88-582A-442C-98AD-D756710483E8.thumb.jpeg.80a0bff46e6fdd9fc44437a35a358cbd.jpeg

When I bought my Stagg in 2015 it came with one of these stands and I used it at home and at gigs, it's sturdy and folds up better than some stands. I liked it so much that when I sold the Stagg and bought a Yamaha SLB 200 I kept the stand and it works well with the Yamaha, I have used it on many gigs and at rehearsals. It may work quite well for a lot of different EUB's.

• 4 weeks later...

I bought a NS WAV recently, and wanted to be able to make it useable on the endpin, so converted a camera tripod I had lying around doing nothing. Just completed and it seems to be good. Additions made with plywood and reclaimed parts, plus retaining strap pinched from a guitar stand, so cost me nothing. Packs down small, quite light, and into the bag that came with the tripod.

Time and experience will tell how it works out in the real world...

Tripod2.thumb.jpg.d86f7bf7ae64b3b314658d99a90b9d1b.jpgTripod6.thumb.jpg.94f4ef9a32557ab0dc2c663673559d71.jpg

Tripod4.thumb.jpg.20a4d18168fc1a99c5a8e23260961224.jpgTripod5.thumb.jpg.e78451357f0e0b3e6a5544eab445230b.jpg 

• Like 3