Why become a member? ×

SOLD SOLD SOLD Moon 5 string (ex Randy Hope Taylor)

stufunkybass

Hi all,

I have decided to let my Moon bass go.

It was purchased back in 2007 from the Gallery in Camden and was the bass that Randy Hope Taylor did mulitiple sessions with in the mid 90's including 100 degrees and rising!

I am a massive Randy Hope Taylor fan and consider it to be a real privilege to own one of his basses! However I am not playing very much at all at the moment and am considering going back to basics and getting myself a nice Funky Jazz bass (4 string).

THE BASS:

- Walnut top over mahogany core.
- Ebony finger board
- Bartolini soap bar pick ups
- 3 band active eq switchable
- Active
- 34" scale

Sound:

Back pick up is truely awesome - brilliant for Jaco type lines.

Slap bass sounds are also excellent as you can dial in your eq on the bass scooping the mids and boosting bass and treble.

A truely amazing bass - one I shall be sorry to see go.

More photos available: www.myspace.com/stufunkybass

I am looking at £700.00 for the bass.

I am based in Northampton if anyone wants to come and give it a try.

I am not keen on shipping out of the UK - sorry guys!

Any questions drop me a line!

I'd be very interested in a trade with a Marcus Miller Jazz bass 4 string. Anyone interested?

Cheers

Stu

Edited by stufunkybass

It would be ironic if I went for this one given Randy has one of my old Smith basses now. Can I tempt you with a Spector Euro 6?

Is this bass being played in the clip streaming from your myspace page or is it the Warwick?

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='472428' date='Apr 25 2009, 10:55 PM']It would be ironic if I went for this one given Randy has one of my old Smith basses now. Can I tempt you with a Spector Euro 6?

Is this bass being played in the clip streaming from your myspace page or is it the Warwick?[/quote]

Hi,

The clip on myspace is indeed this bass, there are other soundbytes on my old bands website:

www.myspace.com/thebulletthieves

The Warwick is sadly no longer with me! Beautiful bass that one!!

I am looking for a Funky Fender Jazz or similar and I'm without amp at the moment, so maybe an old SWR is on the cards too.

Cheers

for the comments

Stu

[quote name='steve-soar' post='472404' date='Apr 25 2009, 10:08 PM']Lovely bass, I really like basses that have a funky vibe going on and this one has been tenderized nicely.
Amazing price for a hell of a lot of bass.[/quote]

Cheers Dude!

Your "Ricky" looks a bit worse for wear!!! LOL

Stu

[quote name='obi 2 kenobi' post='472394' date='Apr 25 2009, 09:37 PM']Great looking bass.

What is the string spacing and where are you based ?[/quote]

Hi,

I'll have to get back to you on the spacings but - This was my first 5 string and was looking for something that would give me a 4 string "feel"

The neck felt great from the word go!!

I am in Northampton - but unfortunately have no amp currently!! - but feel free to come and take a look!!

Stu

[quote name='stufunkybass' post='472845' date='Apr 26 2009, 07:00 PM']Hi,

I'm not sure what the scale length is?

How would I check mate?

Cheers

Stu[/quote]
If you measure from the nut to the 12th fret and then double it.

I had a chat to Randy about this bass yesterday and he said he did use it for a little while (and had the mid control fitted) but it wasn't used on the 100 Degrees album unfortunately. He said he would have used a Kiem on 100 degrees (I can't find anything on google about them so wonder whether I have the spelling right)

However I did find this photo of him on your bass :)

[attachment=24695:Randy_Hope_Taylor.jpg]

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='477553' date='May 2 2009, 09:48 AM']I had a chat to Randy about this bass yesterday and he said he did use it for a little while (and had the mid control fitted) but it wasn't used on the 100 Degrees album unfortunately. He said he would have used a Kiem on 100 degrees (I can't find anything on google about them so wonder whether I have the spelling right)

However I did find this photo of him on your bass[/quote]

Hi,

I'm not sure if you have the album, but there is a photo of him on the bass recording with this it. There is also a dvd of Incognito live with him using this. It's cool that you know Randy, I met him and got his autograph at a Guitar show in the 90's he was with Julian Crampton (animal of a player!)

Cheers

Stu

[quote name='stufunkybass' post='477741' date='May 2 2009, 03:14 PM']I'm not sure if you have the album, but there is a photo of him on the bass recording with this it.[/quote]
I don't have the album but he seemed pretty sure about how he used it, that's all I'm saying.

In any case, I don't think there's any dispute over whether he owned the bass or not. Its clear from the photo I posted that the grain matches and it was used on tour.

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='477752' date='May 2 2009, 03:38 PM']I don't have the album but he seemed pretty sure about how he used it, that's all I'm saying.

In any case, I don't think there's any dispute over whether he owned the bass or not. Its clear from the photo I posted that the grain matches and it was used on tour.[/quote]

Hi mate,

Didnt mean to offend - sorry if my comments were mis interpretted.

Thanks for the info.

Best Regards

Stu

[quote name='elsharko' post='478741' date='May 4 2009, 03:04 AM']32"? Are you sure? Id be pretty interested in this one if it was a 35"
Where are you based?

I may have mis - measured as I ve been told that 32" makes it short scale, which it definitely isnt - I'll check it and come back to you.

Cheers

Stu[/quote]

I have just checked it again I did mis measure the scale of the bass is 35" I didnt measure the neck including the 12th fret - Doh!

I am in Northampton

Edited by stufunkybass

• 3 weeks later...