Why become a member? ×

Sale/Trade: Fender JMJ Signature Road Worn Mustang Bass in Daphne Blue s - *SOLD*
£950
SE London

realmasslove

I have decided to put my JMJ Signature Mustang for sale or trade. This bass has sentimental value to me, as it was the first bass I bought when I decided to get back into playing a few years ago.

I suppose most people on the forum know about the specs on this one: Fender teamed up with Justin Meldal-Johnsen to recreate a version of his ’66 Fender Mustang. All the marketing aside, I think this is an excellent bass if you are looking for something slightly different than a traditional P or J bass. The combination of a shorter scale and a smaller pickup gives it a distinct tone that has a lot of punch but doesn’t step on other instruments – perfect for a denser mix.

Regarding the looks, I think all the paint checking and nicks/scratches are fantastically done on these models. I also own a Nate Mendel signature, and I feel that this is a better ‘road-worn’ bass; it looks much closer to a Custom Shop aged finish than my NM bass. I like the colour as well!

I haven’t gigged with it, used it at home for recording and some rehearsals. It’s 100% stock, currently strung with D’addario Medium Chromes. I have also tried it with rounds and liked the sound a lot. If you fancy a change, I can include D’addario Medium rounds with the bass.

The bass will come with the original Fender standard gig bag and all the tags (if you need them).

I am mainly selling due to my interest shifting towards recording and mixing these days. Regarding trades, I am interested in studio monitors, a Mac Mini (M1 or M2 chip), cash both ways.

I would be happy to meet in London for you to see the bass, can potentially travel outside of London as well. I can post or arrange a courier; I have the Fender double-box lying around.

Thanks for looking!

IMG_0141.jpg

IMG_0143.jpg

IMG_0144.jpg

IMG_0147.jpg

IMG_0148.jpg

IMG_0149.jpg

IMG_0150.jpg

IMG_0151.jpg

IMG_0152.jpg

IMG_0153.jpg

IMG_0154.jpg

Edited by realmasslove
  • Like 10

Recently traded my Flea Jazz against one of these. Amazing finish and really lovely sound from the pick-ups - deep bass with a raspy tone. My wife thought it needed a good clean when she saw it and I had to explain that it was designed to look like that 😀

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

25 minutes ago, realmasslove said:

Thanks for the feedback, everyone.

If anyone is looking for a good gigbag for one of these, I have found it fits perfectly into a Mono Guitar Sleeve. 

As in one the 6 string variety of Mono sleeves? I'm nervous about mine in that Fender bag!

On 29/01/2023 at 19:41, Folkesy said:

They are amazing bass guitars, love everything about mine. Good price on this one vs the new prices. Looks great GLWTS

Still kicking myself I sold you mine - one of these days one of these will find it’s way back into the collection. 

GLWTS OP!

• Like 1

• realmasslove changed the title to Sale/Trade: Fender JMJ Signature Road Worn Mustang Bass in Daphne Blue SOLD