Why become a member? ×

OVERWATER LINED-FRETLESS HYBRID J5 PRICE DROP - £2350 - *SOLD*
£2500
Guildford

Kingbassist

OVERWATER FRETLESS HYBRID J5 

Beautiful 5-string fretless, by Overwater. Fantastic condition, I can only find one tiny ding on it, at the neck joint round the back (pic attached).

35" Scale

Ash Body

Walnut Facings on body and headstock

Headstock is angled back, as per hybrid design

3-piece Maple Neck

Ebony Lined Fretless Fingerboard (24 fret design)

18mm String spacing

Bartolini CBJD57 Dual In-Line Humcancelling J-pickups

John East Uni-Pre 4-knob Preamp

All black Hardware

Beautiful tone, this has all the 'mwaaah' you'll ever need!

It's around 10lbs in weight

Oval Hiscox Hard case included, also in great condition!

I live just outside Guildford, but also work in Victoria, London should you want to try the bass.

I could also record and upload some sound samples if you'd like to hear the bass.

Thanks for looking!

IMG_2417.JPG

IMG_2418.JPG

IMG_2419.JPG

IMG_2420.JPG

IMG_2423.JPG

IMG_2424.JPG

IMG_2426.JPG

Edited by Kingbassist
Case now included
  • Like 12

4 hours ago, TheGreek said:

Potential buyers please note that I have an embossed Hiscox case with the Overwater logo

20200510_193602.jpg

20200510_193642.jpg

Thanks TheGreek, that’s kind of you to add. I’ll have to check, but being a 35” scale bass, I don’t think it’ll fit in a standard Hiscox case. I’ve always transported it in one of the oval shaped Hiscox cases which are a bit longer inside. Cheers, Ian

That is one of the most right looking basses I've seen for some time. From the wood finish to the overall mojo. But for reasons that defy logic I'm a no lines man.  However the very best of GLWTS and if I had £2500 I'd be sorely tempted. 

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, JimJammSpaceMan said:

Would you mind explaining the preamp controls? I'm not familiar with John's stuff (which may amount to heresy on here 😅).

Hey there,

Thanks for the message.. It’s a Uni-Pre by John East.. It has 3 stacked knobs and 1 standard.. The first stacked knob, nearest the neck pickup, is volume on top and pick-up pan below. The next is treble on top and bass below. The next is mid boost/cut on top and frequency below. And the final knob is a passive tone, with pull for Passive mode (tone works whether in active or passive). You can choose the lower and upper frequencies for the ‘bass window’ making the bass control very versatile. And you can choose your treble frequency too. I actually find I use the passive tone on the Uni-Pre more than I thought I would. It’s an incredibly versatile preamp, and pairs very well with the Bartolini pick-ups.

Cheers, Ian

Edited by Kingbassist
  • Thanks 1

• Kingbassist changed the title to OVERWATER LINED-FRETLESS HYBRID J5 PRICE DROP - £2350
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Kingbassist changed the title to *SOLD* OVERWATER LINED-FRETLESS HYBRID J5 PRICE DROP - £2350