Why become a member? ×

Project Thrifty

Bassfinger

I've been chatting it over with Mrs Bassfinger.

This project using used parts and spares has well exdeeded my expectations. Just imagine what I could do with virgin components, specifically sourced for each build?

That being the case I am going to start making these for sale, not as a business but as a self financing hobby. I imagine I could do 3 or 4 a year and sell them at a price that would cover my costs and still significantly undercut certain other relic bass brands for a product of easily comparable quality. I'd detail each build on here and then post the finished product for sale, making the necessary donations to the forum for doing so.

I think I'll stick with the Grimelight brand name, as it have several different meanings and describes the finished product to a T,  but mwny thanksmto those that took the time to make naming suggestions. 

If I'm selling them for money I might not use Fender headstock decals, but seeing as I did some fencing (sword play, not erecting fences) as a teenager I may get some "Fencer" once made, perhaps Premium Bass and Jizz bass - similar enough that a casual glance won't spot the difference, but different enough my conscience will be clear. 

So watch this space...

• Like 2

Cool.. Those should fly... particularly if offered at a reasonable price as you envisage, look forward to seeing Grimelight evolve :)

Just one thought, purely imo I'd avoid "jokey" h/s logos.. that'd likely rather put me off an otherwise nice "relic" type bass.. I'd maybe leave it blank with the option to apply one of the buyer's choice?? 

Edited by Waddo Soqable
  • Like 1