Why become a member? ×

Which way to go, separates or multifx.

clauster

25 minutes ago, funkydoug said:

Current EEP of choice is the zoom G1Four

Ah, Zoom B1-4 (but with a G). Good shout and amazing value. 

The B1-4 has been my EEP of choice for 2.5 years now, although can't say I've not been tempted by alternative EEPs and if Line 6 finally bring out a replacement for their aging (orig. 2015) Helix range this year, I suspect I'll be succumbing! 

Edited by Al Krow

On 29/01/2023 at 17:06, Dankology said:

I've got a Boss GT10B (in fact perhaps it is the one previously owned by uk_lefty - I certainly bought it through Basschat) and it is amazing - every effect I could want, configurable in every conceivable way, including what order the effects are run in and what parameters are controlled by the expression pedal. I suspect I haven't, and will never, scratch the surface of what it can actually do.

Hey not sure if it is or not. I sold mine in a flight case and included a print out of the massive manual! 

I really enjoy some of the sounds on that pedal, and had anyone been able to confirm if the new generation of Boss multis have the same ones I'd probably have replaced my Helix with a new Boss! Love the "42 level" presets and the various EQ and compressor based sounds. It's great for covers band work!

Thanks to all those who offered advice.  I found a Boss GT 1000 Core in a local music shop last weekend.  Used but only a few weeks old and in mint condition.  Bargain price for cash, which I didn't have on me last weekend.  I didn't want to post about until it was in my possession, which it has been for the last hour.  Really happy chap right now.  Looking forward to delving into it now.  

• Like 5