Why become a member? ×

PEAVEY TL-Six, the Tim Landers Signature! - *SOLD*
£1375
Etalle, South Belgium

Hellzero

Really rare 1989 PEAVEY TL-Six, the Tim Landers Signature, a true Custom Shop model !

POSSIBLE TRADE FOR A LEDUC BASS OR OTHER BASSES WEIGHTING LESS THAN 4.5 KILOS, AND FRETLESS PREFERRED !

NON NEGOTIABLE PRICE !

Asking price including shipping fully insured with tracking number to your place in these European countries (ask for other countries) : Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France (excluding French overseas departments and territories), Germany, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxemburg, Monaco, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain and Sweden : €1550 Euros (£1375 GBP is an approximation and I will only accept payment in Euros) !!! New price was around €2000 Euros back in the day, so 34 years ago... !!!

Shipping to United Kingdom is, of course, possible, but with an extra customs fee (VAT + other taxes + courier fee), because U.K. is now outside EEC.

In fully working condition and in quite very good overall condition considering it's a 34 years old bass.

Here are the specifications :

Body (back curved à la Spector) : 2 wings of flamed maple with 2 stripes of purpleheart

Graphite reinforced neckthrough : 5 pieces à la old Leduc (3 pieces of rock maple + 2 pieces of purpleheart)

Fingerboard : Macassar ebony with pearl side dots and front pearl arrow inlays

Frets : 24 in excellent condition (no marks)

Headstock : 4 + 2 in line with graphite reinforced peghead

Pickups : 2 Peavey frequency tailored (hum-cancelling) reversed P-Bass type (split coil)

Controls : volume, blend, active/passive switch, bass, mids and treble acting as a tone control in passive mode

Preamp : Peavey Dynabass 3 bands EQ with gain adjustable through an original hole in the rear cover

Tuners : new Gotoh Res-O-Lite GB-350

Bridge : Kahler 3D bridge

Strings spacing at bridge : 16 mm at the moment, but adjustable up to 18 mm

Nut : graphite

Strings spacing at nut : 9.5 mm

Knobs : original Peavey with rubber grip for the volume and blend

Scale : 34 inches

Hardware colour : gold

Truss rod : one, called a torsion rod by Peavey

Finish : transparent blue

Land of craftsmanship : U.S.A.

Serial number : 04163684

Year : 1989 (very first series)

Weight : 4.540 kilos

Action : from 1.5 mm under the C string to 2 mm under the B string at 12th position (can even go lower, but was perfect for me)

Will come with a new generic semi-rigid case.

Non-smoking environment as usual.

I'm only selling this bass because I'm thinning down the herd for the reasons mentioned above.

The bass has been fully set up professionally. It is fitted with a new set of Blacksmith ANW-32135-6-34 nickel-plated steel (Hexa Core) strings with proprietary AOT Nano Carbon Shield coating which prevents oxidation and dirt accumulation on the wound strings (32 - 45 - 65 - 85 - 105 - 135) that really serve the bass.

What you see is what you get !

Look carefully at the photos taken under different angles and light to see the real condition, which is used with knocks, scratches and scars from 34 years of use.

Link to the original Peavey user manual : https://drive.google.com/file/d/18AAjwZ5_BHR-fQQlrWgC6byYQ3vrD9k-/view?usp=share_link

Here is the link to the 28 photos in high resolution and please do watch them carefully : https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1yKodgNXuqQJNia_Uu32LTFaslcaf4QBx?usp=sharing

Don't hesitate to ask for more.

Due to severe back problems (67% officially disabled because of it) plus right shoulder injury (non-operable capsulitis from which, after more than 4 years, I will never fully recover), I'm selling all my basses over 4.5 kilos and also the ones I'm not really using as well as some stuff I don't use. I've also considerably lowered the price for a quick sale.

Edited by Hellzero
Sold.
  • Like 9

I have one of these in red and absolutely love it. They punch well above their weight, I genuinely prefer the tone of my TL6 over that of a Spector US NS6XL I had a while back. Excellent basses!

Also, I suppose Tony is OK to deal with! 😉 

(I've done maybe 15-20 deals with Tony in the pre-Brexit era, all super smooth and easy!)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, binky_bass said:

I have one of these in red and absolutely love it. They punch well above their weight, I genuinely prefer the tone of my TL6 over that of a Spector US NS6XL I had a while back. Excellent basses!

Also, I suppose Tony is OK to deal with! 😉 

(I've done maybe 15-20 deals with Tony in the pre-Brexit era, all super smooth and easy!)

That said Russ, I'm not really sure I want to sell it as it's an amazing sounding bass ... it's just a tad too heavy for my broken back.

As we discussed, I was blown away with mine. I'd heard they were 'good', but it really did jump straight into the top 5 (maybe top 3!) List of basses I've owned, and you know the basses I've owned as you've owned most of them too!! 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Here's mine.
Pimped with Bassculture pickus, I then removed the active electronics.

The story, many years ago in a small German bassists community a member offered it for a ridiciously low price. Links to sound files proofed it souds great.

No one jumped on it, it just sat there.

Finally I couldn't hold back and wrote "ok, send it over."

Came out: great tool, distict, articulate, midrangy tone with great rhythmic clarity. My drummer loves it and in case I'm gonna sell it, he opts to buy it first in order it doesn't get lost.

peavey_tl6_frontal_800.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Hellzero changed the title to *SOLD* PEAVEY TL-Six, the Tim Landers Signature!