Why become a member? ×

Is my bass genuine

jonunders

In July, I purchased a Musicman StingRay 5 special, Rasberry burst from a UK retailer for £2999.

I have been doing some recearch on current prices for insurance purposes and the only bass that looks similar is a Sub £500 version

I have put the serial number into the Ernie Ball website but it dosent tell you which value bass it is. 

Appart from ringing America, as their customer contact form dosen't appear to be working, is there any way, preferably in the UK, where my bass can be verified as to whether is worth £2999 or alot less

Thanks for reading my post and your input

I assume you're looking for a new replacement value for insurance purposes. Bunion's and asingardenof's posts above are helpful. Won't your receipt be sufficient proof of the price paid for the insurer? I doubt EB would give you an exact value for an instrument because retail prices vary. It's moot, anyway, as, should the worst happen and you need to make a claim, you will want replacement value at the time. If it's a few years hence, it could be more than you paid, so you don't want to insure for a precise amount as it may leave you short.

Amazing. I couldn't find any reference to my bass,  and low and behold there it is despite checking pmt.  Thank you. It has put my mind to rest and thank you for your advice

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Downunderwonder said:

From the link:

"Manufacturer  Musicman"

So it should show in the EB serial machine, no?

I suspect that depends more on the functionality of the EB database than the reputability of PMT as a retailer. I'm sure PMT wouldn't want to risk falling out with EB by selling knock-off gear.