Why become a member? ×

Fender Jazz (1962 Model)

captainfele

Red Fender Jazz bass with offset contour body. Purchased by me at the guitar show in Earls Court in 1998, the serial number is A014857. Comes with hard case that was given to me free at the time of purchase. I tried to sell on ebay and it went for £310 to a guy who wanted it posting to Norway. I however, need the money fast. I'm looking for about 300.

it's one of the 'crafted in Japan' models, which are highly coveted and are said to be much better than a 90's US model. All original, It's been gigged regulary, has loads of scuffs and chips, of which i will take photos of over the new few days when i managed to borrow a camera. That said, it's truly a players bass, everyone always comments on how nice it is to play. I'm truly gutted to be selling it, but no work and rent that needs paying. Buyer to pay cash. I'd rather not post it either, but will do if it's the only option. I'd deliver it anywhere on the tube network for an extra tenner. any questions; 07912353577

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='471656' date='Apr 24 2009, 04:10 PM']Why not just sell it to the Norwegian guy if he won it?[/quote]

Aye - I'd be well pissed off if I won an auction and the seller couldn't be arsed to sell it to me..
Expect a neg

Not trying to pick on you, but your thread title is a bit misleading and doesn't say "reissue" anywhere, or anything like that. I was expecting a coveted vintage beast full of mojo.

Not that I have the cash floating around to buy one mind....

[quote name='Huge Hands' post='471695' date='Apr 24 2009, 04:53 PM']Not trying to pick on you, but your thread title is a bit misleading and doesn't say "reissue" anywhere, or anything like that. I was expecting a coveted vintage beast full of mojo.

Not that I have the cash floating around to buy one mind....[/quote]

Me too/neither!! :rolleyes: :)

Why don't you leave the guy alone to sell his bass.

It states clearly its CIJ so how can it be misleading.

Also I sell stuff on ebay and wont post abroad. I state this clearly on the auctions so if anyone bids from abroad they are wasting there time, for all you know this guy might have it clearly stated on his auctions that this is the case too.

Its a nice bass for a great price let the fella sell it

I've had an eBay item before where I said UK bidders only, yet a guy in Belgium BIN'd it. eBay does hide away the option to force UK only buyers, so it's entirely plausible the Norwegian chappy didn't read any potential auction.

Enough of the witch hunting :).

[quote name='Jase' post='471777' date='Apr 24 2009, 06:53 PM']The classified police are out again :)[/quote]
No witch hunt here, there just seem to be inconsistencies in the original post. However, in the light of the mods telling us to rap up about it, I shall tactfully acquiesce.

Peace out.