Why become a member? ×

Hullo from London

Szymon

Hullo folks.  Been lurking a while so I thought I should sign up, since this is a UK forum.  My name is Simon, and I’m based in Sudbury in NW London (on the border of Wembley and Harrow).

Here’s a photo of my first Bass guitar!  I’m not actually a bassist, but a month ago I needed to add a bass track on a recording I was making so I borrowed a cheap bass (an Ibanez GSR180)…and was unable to put it down, it was just so much fun!  Initially I was playing though an audio interface and hifi, then I bought a small practise amp (the Orange Crush 25 you see in the photo), and the other day I went out to Andertons and played a bunch of guitars around the £200-400 price range, including Fenders, G&L, Music Man, Sire and one or two others.  It was a great deal of fun, but when I picked up an SR300EB it just “felt right” for my fingers, was huge fun to play and seemed decently well built — for £260 in the new years sale I think it was a bargain.

The bass will be kept up in my music room (alongside three guitars, a piano, two violins, some blue harps and a bunch of other random instruments) most of the time but is currently set up in the lounge because I’ve been playing it non stop since I got it!  I think I’m going to be playing bass more than any other instrument for a good while 🙂

4DF081A3-C70B-4B8A-BA5B-3C70DDAC0672.jpeg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, PaulThePlug said:

Hi... see you found the Ibby thread... Loves an SR!

REMEMBER... unplug the lead when not in use otherwise it will drain the EQ battery...

Yes, I think I am going to just put a physical switch for the battery!