Why become a member? ×

analog synth pedal besides EHX microsynth

lidl e

16 minutes ago, jimbobothy said:

Yup, the Pigtronix Mothership 2 is an analogue synth pedal. It's can go from 'normal' to bonkers lol.

ooh. that looks amazing. 

i've seen pigtronix, but never used. good stuff?

14 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

One of the best reviews of the PM2 I've come across - will give you a good feel for what it's capable of:

Im seeing used ones in the US for under $200 but nothing in EU/UK.

I wonder if any friends in the US are coming home soon...

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/01/2023 at 13:34, Al Krow said:

Well I think you're going to need to let us all know what you think of it yourself! 😁

On 05/01/2023 at 17:39, keziahj said:

Yes it’s amazing, very inspiring, musical and definitely unique! 

minute 5:

I absolutely love it. I am finding the key is each tone has it's place on the fretboard, so something that might sound great on the lower frets sounds shite on the higher register, and vice versa. I love the velocity sensitivity and responsiveness is sick. You definitely have to not play poly, but i am getting some cool riffs.

I need to hook up an expression pedal as i think it will add a lot. 

Obviously presets would be a dream, but this is an analog pedal and i knew exactly what i was getting going in. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I'd also suggest the Crowther Audio Prunes and Custard - it only does a couple of sounds, but it can sound amazingly synthy. No tracking or latency and because you can blend in some clean mix, and because of the way the filter reacts, you can accentuate certain parts of baselines which poke through the synth sound. It's so natural to play and hugely responsive to touch.. play super light and it's a warm 'whomp', dig in and it splutters.

Quick demo here

• Like 6

34 minutes ago, lidl e said:

Yeah, if i hadnt bought the mothership id have grabbed that octavius.

Such a cool pedal.

Since listing it I have spent more time with it and cooked up some really nice sounds. It definitely feels more organic and rich than the FI and C4 I had, but the menu system is quite convoluted - it's OK once you're used to it but having not used it for a while I really had to re-learn how it works! Luckily I quite enjoy that sort of thing when I'm in the right mood.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ped said:

Since listing it I have spent more time with it and cooked up some really nice sounds. It definitely feels more organic and rich than the FI and C4 I had, but the menu system is quite convoluted - it's OK once you're used to it but having not used it for a while I really had to re-learn how it works! Luckily I quite enjoy that sort of thing when I'm in the right mood.

This mothership almost defies you to find a usuable setting, but when you find the right one in the right register it's the coolest pedal ive messed with.

Besides the FI of course.

13 minutes ago, ped said:

Would love to give it a go sometime. 

1 hour ago, ped said:

I'd also suggest the Crowther Audio Prunes and Custard - it only does a couple of sounds, but it can sound amazingly synthy. No tracking or latency and because you can blend in some clean mix, and because of the way the filter reacts, you can accentuate certain parts of baselines which poke through the synth sound. It's so natural to play and hugely responsive to touch.. play super light and it's a warm 'whomp', dig in and it splutters.

Quick demo here

Nice. Was that unfiltered?

6 minutes ago, Quatschmacher said:

Would love to give it a go sometime. 

You can borrow it if you like, I'm not really in a rush to sell it and might not bother actually... let me have your address and I'll send it over

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1