Why become a member? ×

Markbass HT503 Bass Amp. Vintage - Rare. Now £225 - *WITHDRAWN*
£250
Leigh-on-Sea, Essex

Leon C 2

For sale - Classic Markbass HT503 500watt bass head. Very early Markbass model, old school design with plenty of grunt. No lightweight Class C nonsense here, this is proper old style with all metal casing, tube preamp section and big transformers, which means it's pretty heavy, which is why I no longer use it. It does, however, sound magnificent! Warm filter control and VLE coupled with 4 band eq. Offers or trade considered. Can post at buyers expense to UK only, cost to be ascertained.

IMG_0581.jpg

IMG_0582.jpg

Edited by Leon C 2
Price drop
  • Like 4

• Leon C 2 changed the title to Markbass HT503 Bass Amp. Vintage - Rare. Now £225

The best "Motown head", Markbass ever made? - The all-tube Classic300. Near-impossible to find – and lug around –, very expensive by now.

The best "Rock Head and more", Markbass ever made? – The R500. Hard to find. Always at 400 or higher.

The best "very-tubey-but-also-controlled-in-a-very-musical-way" head, Markbass ever made? The ht503. – Virtually unobtainable...

And no, you will have to pry *my* ht503 from my cold, dead fingers. 

(You're welcome, Leon C 2!)

• Like 1

Hi. I assume you're referring to ohms & output power. The specs say 500w into 4ohms, 310w into 8ohms. Below are some more detailed specs. Cheers, Dave B

SPECIFICHE TECNICHE
Input
In passive: : Impedance 500 Khom - Maximum Voltage 4 Vpp
In active: : Impedance: 50 Khom - Maximum Voltage: 10 Vpp
Return: : Impedance: 500 Kohm - Maximum Voltage: 10 Vpp

Controlli
Gain: : 32 db Max
Send Mix: : Pre/post with Level Control - Max output 20 Vpp
Low : 40-30Hz +/- 16dB
Mid Low: : 100-800 Hz +/- 16 dB
Mid High: : 700Hz-6KHz +/- 16 dB
High: : 1.5-10KHz +/- 16dB

Output
Send Effect : Parallel - Max output 10 Vpp
Tuner Out : Unbalanced output, V Max 2 Vpp
Send Mix : Balanced - Max +/- 240 mV
Speaker : Power 500W/4 ohm, 310W/8 ohm

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, krispn said:

I had the MusicMan HD500 which was built for EBMM by MB. It was a cracking head too and definitely worth a look if you see one come up. I think it was based on the TA501 Markbass head?!?

l knew there was some connection! The front panels look very similar in layout.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I never paid much attention to this head but selectable frequencies on all eq bands must be worth the price alone. If it’s built anything like the Ashdown stuff with the big transformers (think Spider heads) it must be a great unit. 

Get that 503, ziggydolphinboy! – And film yourself playing it for a bit. *Then* connect the fx send & return in the back with a good patch cable and film yourself again playing it... 

Once you completely recovered, show both videos to your people and try convincing them no drugs were involved in the shooting of the second video.  (Good luck!)  

• Leon C 2 changed the title to Withdrawn - Markbass HT503 Bass Amp. Vintage - Rare. Now £225