Why become a member? ×

Fender Jazz 2008 MiM reduced to £425 better photos - *WITHDRAWN*
£500
Kendal UK

GreeneKing

It is with a heavy heart that I put this bass up for sale. Having owned well over 100 basses including many boutique brands I have to say that this Jazz really is a bit special.

I bought it from BCer Nick Carey some years past. It was his main gigging bass and he had Mr Robinson of Bolton do a fret dress and setup from new. Hipshot tuners were also fitted.

It comes with a bright white pick guard and a red tort plate (that I need to lay hands on). It is a beautiful cream/off white and the condition is quite superb as hopefully the photos show.

I fitted the Gotoh bridge which went on as if it was made for the bass, which is was. No height adjustment needed. The original is also available. The electrics have also been upgraded to CTS pots and high quality capacitors. 

The playability and tone are remarkable. I did try alternative after market pickups but they weren't as good as the originals that swiftly went back in.

I've no spare case for the bass so local collection or meet-up is much preferred. I'm in the NW (Kendal) not far from the M6.

Strung with low mileage Dunlop flats and it has Dunlop strap pins.

It's quite light too at about 9ib.

Reason for sale? I've moved to 32" scale and my 2 Zoots do the job nicely.

Would consider trade for LMII or similar. 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ZjmK6Lf8rWVDbxBM8

Price dropped further to £425

Edited by GreeneKing
Google photo sharing
  • Like 9

• GreeneKing changed the title to Fender Jazz 2008 MiM reduced to £450
  • GreeneKing changed the title to Fender Jazz 2008 MiM reduced to £425 better photos
7 hours ago, richardd said:

Hi .Would you say the last picture on the second lot  is more a true colour as the others look very white,and have you found the torte pickguard😊.Rich

The pure white reference should be the pick guard really. The body colour is a lovely cream. I love it so much that my Zoot P bass has matching colours, bass and pick guard, (including a 2nd, tort plate that I don't use).

The last picture, taken with the tort plate that was easily located, is taken with a flash so therefore isn't the true colour.

Here's me and my Zoot.

238148324_4763800270300216_1430185339147034300_n.jpeg

I’ve just been practicing in my little bass cupboard. I picked up this bass, that deserves a name really. 
Okay, so I have 4 basses. I play my 2 medium scale 90+% of the time. 
But, in terms of Jazz basses, playability and tone, I’ve not played better. In terms of basses generally too regardless of cost. 
Withdrawn. What was I thinking? For such a low return in terms of £’s. 

• Like 2

• GreeneKing changed the title to Fender Jazz 2008 MiM WITHDRAWN