Why become a member? ×

Guitarchat.

Barking Spiders

I went on GC recently for the first time, mainly to flog a guitar but there doesn't seem to be much activity on it compared to here. Has it been going long and how many members are on it compared to BC? Seem to be more here. Is this maybe because there are loads more guitar sites in the Webverse than bass sites? I notice there are a few BCers there but is this committing high treason and punishable by hard labour moderating Reddit posts?? 😏

I think we set it up in about 2017 maybe... really as a bit of fun and initially as a semi test environment for BC. It's clear to me that the reason BC is so huge is because of the timing; it was really the only UK bass forum around in 2002 when it was called Bassworld, and with forums, if you have the audience, you have the market. Bass players are also such a nice demographic to cater for, being largely fairly non egotistical, relaxed, middle aged blokes with a bit of disposable income. You can't say that about most guitarists!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I contribute when I can, but a lot of non BCers seem to join to advertise a piece of kit and are never heard from again. Those that come for different reasons seem to hang around and contribute, but not nearly as much traffic as here.