Why become a member? ×

Stripy patches on screen

redbandit599

Question

15 answers to this question

Sorry hadn't seen this, looks like some kind of corrupt image, or something that android doesn't like. I haven't seen this and don't appear to be able to recreate it (but also don't have any android devices). What are the steps to reproduce it please?

Can anyone get it to happen on a desktop at all?

I've never seen it on desktop. 

It happens all the time now. I'm not 100% sure, but I half think it seems to be triggered by quotes. Sometimes its just totally stripey as above, and sometimes it's clearer as repeats. I just went into the Pump It Up thread, and as I scrolled down I got this.

BC Screenshot.png

As someone who's worked in IT for 20 years, I agree with the above - it appears to be a device rendering issue, even if only one website affected. Clearing cache/reboot is definitely the first try, also try clicking the 3 dots and 'show desktop site'. 

Tech luddite here 😉 - but I have also tried the above Cache Clearance and Reboot thing a couple of times. No dice...

Does seem to occur especially with quotes - and weird that zooming in shows the text.

I'd never seen the Desktop Site function before, I've tried that and it doesn't have the issue - but obviously very small and wrong format for the phone.

Edited by redbandit599

I have been looking but I don’t have an android phone so I am currently not able to find a way of reproducing it. Is there a specific page that it will work on, or a specific phone / version of android? (I assume it is specific, there are hundreds of android users here and I assume only a subset seeing this?)