Why become a member? ×

Show us yer knobs!

Vin Venal

2 hours ago, Vin Venal said:

No specific recommendations, as options abound and very much depends on what style you're going for.

In case it helps though, as yours is a Player Precision like mine (saw your intro thread), you will have 1/4" pots with smooth shafts, so don't get knobs to fit 6mm, or splined shafts. 🙂

Thanks that’s helpful, I don’t know much about them so that is important info!

15 hours ago, Passinwind said:

I really like working with this guy: https://www.etsy.com/shop/PickKnobs

He loves doing custom work and the pictured stuff on Etsy barely scratches the surface of what he can do.

Those are beautiful!

I can't really justify spending that much on knobs at the moment, but I love the idea of asking him to modify some of those pick shaped knobs to be heart shaped - think that would look really cool. Especially on a bass with those vintage ibanez style heart shaped tuners...

• Like 1

After I collected my Shuker in 2007, I found some really lovely turned ebony knobs on eBay... they look a million miles better than the black dome metal ones it had. (It never occurred to me to spec some nice knobs when I originally commissioned the build.) I remember them being ridiculously cheap for what they were, but the guy's ebay shop is long gone alas.

On 13/10/2022 at 10:55, Maude said:

Some oversized radio style knobs on a Kay I've refinished/restored, inspired by the brass Westone Thunder knobs. 

Bought on AliExpress. 

HXEHzAX.jpeg

2qm5cu6.jpeg

I have just GOT to get some of these for my Thunder 1A..!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Vin Venal said:

Those are beautiful!

I can't really justify spending that much on knobs at the moment, but I love the idea of asking him to modify some of those pick shaped knobs to be heart shaped - think that would look really cool. Especially on a bass with those vintage ibanez style heart shaped tuners...

I like that idea a lot! He's pretty well known for throwing in freebie extras, and in my case he even sent me a bunch of raw cuts to reshape and finish as I pleased. So I ended up getting a dozen of the walnut pick shaped ones in three sizes, plus two sets of four round ones in matching wood, all for about what a quartet of the fancy finished ones go for. And then he does discounts for returning customers too. For me it's almost like dealing locally, as his stuff gets here in 1-2 days via snail mail.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Baloney Balderdash said:

I really like these knobs, PRS ACC-4246 Lampshade Knobs Clear :

11337092_800.jpg

Though at the moment with a piece of respectively red and green electrical tape (also known as insulating tape) cut out to fit the top of each knob, like this:

A-A-Artist-10999-Harley-Benton-Guitar-Ba

Noodle VI. 😅

Love it.

• Like 1