Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

A/B switch with tuner output?

StingRayBoy42

I want an A/B pedal to switch between Electric and Upright, with a tuner output (or an extra footswitch) that silences everything.

I like this Bright Onion pedal but it's £85 and has an FX loop and a buffer that I don't need.

Anything you can reccomend?

Apologies (and feel free to move) if this should be in Effects

Edited by StingRayBoy42

If you put the output of any AB pedal into any pedal tuner, engaging the tuner will silence everything.

Not directly answering the question - but just putting it out there: although an EBS MicroBass 3 or Stanley Clarke preamp are expensive, once I'd sold my other EQ pedals, DI box, HPF/overdrive/tuner, headphone amp, and AB pedal - all of which were no longer needed - I was close to breaking even.

13 hours ago, jrixn1 said:

If you put the output of any AB pedal into any pedal tuner, engaging the tuner will silence everything.

Yeah, that's plan B. 😛

13 hours ago, jrixn1 said:

EBS MicroBass 3 or Stanley Clarke preamp

They look incredible, but they're way too expensive and over engineered for what I need!

Cheers

1 hour ago, franzbassist said:

Bright Onions are excellent and will make you whatever you want.  Just ask them to make you one without the loop and buffer and they will!

According to their site, they're not taking on custom orders.

I will be going for Bright Onion though - they tick all the boxes (and I'm a sucker for a pink LED).

1 hour ago, StingRayBoy42 said:

According to their site, they're not taking on custom orders.

I will be going for Bright Onion though - they tick all the boxes (and I'm a sucker for a pink LED).

Oh I'm sorry about that.  Must have changed policy in the time since I last bought from them.