Why become a member? ×

12stringbassist

12stringbassist

Hi,

I [i]have[/i] used the 12er all the way through, but it doesn't suit everything we do.
Both of the Hamer 12's I use are quite heavy, too.
I have a nice Dean Rhapsody 8 which is lovely to play, with a nice big sound,
but that comes out in its turn. I'm into my Warwicks at the moment.

[quote name='12stringbassist' post='466958' date='Apr 19 2009, 08:12 PM']Hi,

I [i]have[/i] used the 12er all the way through, but it doesn't suit everything we do.
Both of the Hamer 12's I use are quite heavy, too.
I have a nice Dean Rhapsody 8 which is lovely to play, with a nice big sound,
but that comes out in its turn. I'm into my Warwicks at the moment.[/quote]

A man of great taste, obviously! :rolleyes:

Hello and welcome. :)

Hello there!
I'm a HUGE fan of Hamers - I've got two guitars (a 1995 Standard & a 1982 Special) and I used to have a Chaparral 12 string bass too.

I've just had a look at the link to your gear - LOVE the John Birch!
Did you get your Chaparral 12 string off Ebay a few years ago? I have a funny feeling I might have sold it to you.....

Edited by RhysP

[quote name='RhysP' post='467060' date='Apr 19 2009, 09:23 PM']Hello there!
I'm a HUGE fan of Hamers - I've got two guitars (a 1995 Standard & a 1982 Special) and I used to have a Chaparral 12 string bass too.

I've just had a look at the link to your gear - LOVE the John Birch!
Did you get your Chaparral 12 string off Ebay a few years ago? I have a funny feeling I might have sold it to you.....[/quote]

The Chapparal was a local purchase (bankrupt stock or something) from a shop in Bolton - last year.
It was new, still had some wrap on bits of it.

The Birch IS nice isn't it? Made in 1976.
I have actually had some daft offers for it from the USA end, but I'm not wanting to sell it just yet,
though it doesn't get out that much.

Edited by 12stringbassist

[quote name='Zoe_BillySheehan' post='470088' date='Apr 22 2009, 09:02 PM']wow.. now a hamer 12 string would be nice..

Tom Petersson fan? :)

Z
x[/quote]
Hi,
I'm a big Cheap Trick fan. I'm not a great fan of TP. His playing can be excellent or rubbish.
His sound is ecellent, though. I have met him a couple of times but am just not keen on his constant sarcasm.
Jon Brant was a better player for CT on the whole.

[quote name='12stringbassist' post='472607' date='Apr 26 2009, 11:41 AM']Hi,
I'm a big Cheap Trick fan. I'm not a great fan of TP. His playing can be excellent or rubbish.
His sound is ecellent, though. I have met him a couple of times but am just not keen on his constant sarcasm.
[size=4]Jon Brant was a better player for CT on the whole.[/size][/quote]

Oooh! I can't debate his use of sarcasm as I've never met the man but as for JB being better for Cheap Trick than TP... :rolleyes: :)

I found that the material produced during the JB period was a bit lack lustre and I actually lost interest in all things CT during this time but when he rejoined I think they came back to some semblance of their former glory though for whatever reason they couldn't recapture that early magic! However each to his own and I'm sure you'll have justification for the JB is best accolade. :D