Why become a member? ×

EBS HD360 30 Years Anniversary model (HD350 filters) Class AB Head CRAZY PRICE £500 delivered UK
£625
Swindon

JapanAxe

I bought this amp a couple of years ago to use in my Bowie tribute but ended up playing second guitar in the band. The amp really brings out the difference between the basses I played through it, and somehow seems to increase the range of their passive tone controls. I have used it on a few gigs and rehearsals, but in the end I prefer the sound of my (rather more expensive) Demeter head. 

Features

Power: 300W RMS  into a load of 2-4ohms. I've found that to be plenty into my BF Super Twin.

Weight: 9kg/20lb. Yep, not a heavyweight, despite the mahoosive toroidal transformer inside.

Rack mountable (2U) or sits firmly on a cab on its rubber feet.

As I understand it, this model has the filters from the HD350 (which people seem to prefer) with the extra features of the HD360 (e.g. light-up push-switches). The facility to make quick comparisons between flat and EQ'd sounds using the Filter switch is handy. This may seem like an odd thing to say, but the thing I liked best about the TC Classic 450 I once owned was the ability to dial in some subtle compression and drive for a vintage-y sound, and then leave it. This amp does that too, but in a much classier package. It also saved me having to put together a pedalboard.

The Comp/Limit circuit comes after the Filter section, so with it engaged, boosting the Bass can change the tonal balance without massively changing the volume, and still lets the fundamentals come through when playing up the dusty end.

Drive is great for adding in some 'fur', in fact at settings below noon it is not a million miles from how my Ampeg PF-50T used to sound when pushed. It goes up into full-on distortion territory if that's your thing.

Character works well to beef up your sound without adding unwanted low-end flub.

For any of you who are dubious about musical equipment built in the Far East, I can tell you this was built in Sweden.

Condition

The amp is in excellent condition and comes with its original shipping box, user manual, and a nice coffee-table book about EBS.

Price

£625 plus delivery £500 delivered UK. You are also welcome to audition it at my place before parting with your money - cash or confirmed bank transfer are fine. I have suitable carry case that could form part of a deal with an in-person buyer only.

Meet-up within an hour's drive is also possible.

I'm not looking for any trades, thanks.

Photos

I love the look of this version's front panel - it has a proper 'Rolls Royce' feel about it!

kB15ayn.jpgqeUL5Qs.jpgIt5TDlZ.jpgklSHjNR.jpgQQTMlIb.jpgtUNqjF7.jpghEa9cwS.jpgy7S4BOl.jpglfElizD.jpgpnAXCXd.jpgoyakPO4.jpg70P2lap.jpg

Edited by JapanAxe
  • Like 6

19 hours ago, JapanAxe said:

Here's what our very own @Dood  had to say about this model"

Thank you so much for sharing my video! This is a great amplifier! I love the “feel” of playing through it. I’m fussy about my preamp sections on amps too and found it was easy to dial in what I wanted immediately. 

I have a really nice EBS head at home which I rate highly, in my top 5 amps I think! (I’ve reviewed over 400 pieces of bass gear over the years).

The 19inch width includes the rack mounting brackets. The enclosure itself is 42cm/16½in wide, and the outside dimensions across the rubber feet are 39cm/15¼in, so it could sit firmly on a cab of the latter width with only a small overhang either side.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JapanAxe said:

The 19inch width includes the rack mounting brackets. The enclosure itself is 42cm/16½in wide, and the outside dimensions across the rubber feet are 39cm/15¼in, so it could sit firmly on a cab of the latter width with only a small overhang either side.

Thanks JA.  Still a little wider than my cabs (15").  I'll need to decide whether I could cope with that...🤔

• Like 1

• JapanAxe changed the title to EBS HD360 30 Years Anniversary model (HD350 filters) Class AB Head now £550 collected / £575 delivered
  • 3 weeks later...
  • JapanAxe changed the title to EBS HD360 30 Years Anniversary model (HD350 filters) Class AB Head CHRISTMAS CRAZY £500 delivered UK
  • JapanAxe changed the title to EBS HD360 30 Years Anniversary model (HD350 filters) Class AB Head CHRISTMAS CRAZINESS £500 delivered UK

Hi, I wonder if you can give me any idea about the volume that this amp could generate into two 1x12 GR cabs 8 ohm each) with tweeters? I know that it is all subjective but I'm not sure how well the 360 watts (at 2 ohm?) would cut through drums, guitars , keys and vocals. Any thoughts appreciated! Alan

1 hour ago, Alanbass said:

Hi, I wonder if you can give me any idea about the volume that this amp could generate into two 1x12 GR cabs 8 ohm each) with tweeters? I know that it is all subjective but I'm not sure how well the 360 watts (at 2 ohm?) would cut through drums, guitars , keys and vocals. Any thoughts appreciated! Alan

I've always used it into a 4ohm load in the form of a Barefaced Super Twin and I've never had it past about half-way on the master volume.  To me the key to being heard in a loud band with this amp is how you set the drive and the mids - there's a point at which it just seems to come alive.

I never use cabs with tweeters but I understand that EBS amps can put out a fearsome amount of top end!

Looking at the GR specs the 2x12 seems to have 2 or 3dB more sensitivity than the Super Twin.

You're more than welcome to swing by and try it if that's feasible for you - I'll bash away on guitar through a loud combo for a real-world playing test!

• 1 month later...