Why become a member? ×

RIg for solo artist

Yan_Huriey

I'm after a rig that is portable for smallish gigs, (bars/resteraunts etc) I'll be playing my instrument through it obviously, but I'll also be running my DAW through it playing the tracks I've made and probably doing some vocals, so basically it needs to handle everything sonically.

I don't want a full on PA, just something I can take around with me, Ideally with wheels so i can drag the thing about with minimum fuss, or at least light.

Just looking for more ideas, I have considered barefaced 210 with some small amp, PJB and TC gear also appeals and I'm a big EBS fan, but IDK just after suggestions, cheers.

Edited by Yan_Huriey
  • Like 1

Hey buddy, I feel that maybe a small PA system that you can run your Quad Cortex, your backing tracks, and vocals through. In real terms you will need a max of 8 inputs for future proofing, and some aux out for monitoring. IEM’s I take it? Good luck my friend ☺️

Edited by mattbass6
Spelling and grammar.
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, mattbass6 said:

Hey buddy, I feel that maybe a small PA system that you can run your Quad Cortex, your backing tracks, and vocals through. In real terms you will need a max of 8 inputs for future proofing, and some aux out for monitoring. IEM’s I take it? Good luck my friend ☺️

Just had to drop in and say hi. I loved my time in Penarth. Just married we moved from Liverpool to Penarth. It really is a nice place to live. :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BassmanPaul said:

Just had to drop in and say hi. I loved my time in Penarth. Just married we moved from Liverpool to Penarth. It really is a nice place to live. :)

Hey Paul, great to meet you. Where did you live in Penarth? It is an ace place. Love it here. I hope you are well, and a pity you are still not here, as it would be ace to chat with another Penarth living bass player o er a few beers. Cheers ✌🏼

15 hours ago, pete.young said:

What about one of the line-array compact PA Systems? The Bose L1 springs to mind but there are other systems at different price points.

A lot of money for not a lot, in my opinion. I saw a solo performer with one on Sat and off axis, the sound was very thin and well down on volume. These are the things these "tea chest bass" systems are supposed to solve. I suggest you look at the single FRFR cab from RCF, QSC or Yamaha and you can expand to a small mixer when, and if required.

• Like 1