Why become a member? ×

Mystery bass ID anyone?

Nigel Sleaford

I want to buy this, mainly because it looks so lonely sitting in an ads column for weeks and weeks. Have a vague memory of playing it once in Scayles, Edinburgh. And, always wanted to see one of my very rare posts with a reply from one of the amazing brains on this forum. If I do make an offer it'll be from a distance, so the more info I have the better. 

So, can anyone offer any help? I've done all the Googling I can think of. All I get is sheet music! Thanks.

$_86-2.JPG

$_86.JPG

Design wise it reminds me a of some of the Saein " shine " Korean produced own line basses , the company was an OEM for other well known brands out of korea a bit like samick 
In my Experience  good players but on the affordable end , I get the feeling its one of those  with some worryingly tight transfers  right up to the truss rod cover.

I'd be happy to  be wrong though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jezzaboy said:

Calling @Bassassin 

Thats quite nice looking.

Not anything I'm familiar with - from the body & headstock laminations it looks through-neck. As has been said, looks influenced by that 90s style of Ibby Soundgear / Nanyo Bass Collection / Tune Bass Maniac types, although I doubt it's MIJ.

The style, build & offset dots have a very Cort-y look to them, quite a lot like the Artisan A4. Wouldn't mind seeing more pics, if there are any.

Hurrah, the collective brain rumbles. For more pix see Gumtree, Musselburgh. It is throughneck, active, and it's been stuck in a wardrobe for three or four years I imagine, since Scayles sold it. I'm interested, but would be totally happy if anybody bought it. It seems crazy to be GASSing with only one bass gig this year.....and none next year.

$_86-3.JPG

$_86-4.JPG

Edited by Nigel Sleaford
Add photos