Why become a member? ×

Music Man Stingray Special 5H Charging Green - *SOLD*
£1550
Surrey

FDC484950

I’ve had this lovely bass for a few months. It’s a stunning instrument - the charging green finish has a subtle sparkle (let’s be honest - it’s British Racing Green!) and it’s an absolute featherweight at 3.7Kg. Nut is 44.5mm and string spacing at the bridge is 17.5mm

Condition is excellent. Two dings - one on the top of the headstock, the other on the upper bout, which is finish only and not down to the wood.

Comes complete with an immaculate MM hard case and 3 pickguards to suit every mood - off white, black and a brand new OEM MM pearl white (the extravagance!)

It has all of the Special series appointments - super light tuners and bridge, 18V circuit and neodymium pickup.

I have suitable packaging so shipping to mainland UK only at cost is fine.

Indicative pics below - better ones coming tomorrow.

Price is a frankly eye popping £1550. No offers thank you - it’s much cheaper than any recently advertised specials and the Green is pretty darn rare :)

No trades, thank you.

C5E9BF72-720B-45E1-AA2A-6BC5BEAD597A.jpeg

90DF0A94-C4AF-485A-BD12-BAE2AD2B2AFC.jpeg

Edited by FDC484950
  • Like 15

Needless to say, if you do want a 5, the B string is incredible. And I say that as a Dingwall owner - it very much holds it own and it’s so tight sounding I’ve stuck with EB slinkies as it simply doesn’t need a tapered B. EB has worked their sorcery on this bass too as despite it being super light, balance, even seated without a strap, is perfect. I’m not even sure why I’m selling it to be honest and seem to be doing a good job of talking myself out of it 😆

I had the HH previously. Personally I’m not a fan of the coil switching options as the neck pickup is too close to the fingerboard. I found it too muddy. It also really cuts down the room to slap. The 5H has the flexibility to offer both parallel and series, bringing it closer to the more aggressive tone of the Sterling.

• FDC484950 changed the title to Music Man Stingray Special 5H Charging Green SOLD