Why become a member? ×

PRICE DROP £500 - Seymour Duncan Jazz Bass Traditional, ESP, Made In Japan, 90's Model - *SOLD*
£600
Near Horsham

James_Taylor

Seymour Duncan Jazz Bass Traditional 4 string.

Made In Japan by ESP in the late 90s I believe.
This is a super rare bass, not usually sold outside Japan from what I've been able to discover and I’ve never seen another one in the UK, so it’s probably one of the few in the country.

You can find some more details here:

http://www.guitarsjapan.com/ESPinfopage.html
https://www.talkbass.com/threads/seymour-duncan-traditional-jazz-bass.1171173/

This is a heavy bass at 12.4 lbs (based on my home bathroom scales) and looks great. The build quality is amazing and the best I have ever experienced on a jazz bass, Fender or otherwise.

I'm including a couple of links to this bass as it sits in a mix with my band. Both of these recordings are just DI recordings (no cab sims or anything else, direct into my recording interface). The full-band mix has some compression and EQ added, the raw DI track was just recorded with all the dials turned all the way "on", going through a Darkglass Super Symmetry compressor:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wwh2iuKIUV6y9AZUBMs-Frl8pangm1ge/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/16stz5S5kaUose-3AXTnqJ4XLH5TkqbfA/view?usp=sharing

Very good condition, the usual dents on the end of the body where the strap attaches (see pics). Other than that it’s pretty spotless. Body lacquer has a nice thick feel and the instrument has a top quality finish.
Bridge is nice and tight, fretboard spotless. One very tiny ding on the side of the fretboard about half way down but doesn’t affect playing at all. Very minor wear to the frets. Headstock very good. Machine heads all clean and functioning perfectly. Very high spec hardware all round.

Hand-wound Seymour Duncan pickups with amazing tone, sounds like an US fender from the nineties. Nice and open, lovely mids, does bite when you play it hard. Passive pickups.

Comes with a nicely padded Ritter soft case in very good condition. Also includes a wide leather strap.

All in all this is an amazing bass at a great price.

Collection from RH13 or contact me for a shipping quote as I’ll need to pack it carefully. Courier preferred. Insurance at buyer’s cost.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

Edited by James_Taylor
Weight and sound samples added
  • Like 15

I believe that they’re Seymour Duncan own design. Will be something that we were making in the 90’s because that’s when these basses we’re marketed, if that tells you anything. I’m honestly not 100% sure but the bass itself sounds excellent and is incredibly solid; the tubers are super smooth, all the hardware feels like it was made to last, etc.

I’m only selling a lot of stuff because it’s sitting around unused and it would be better if other people could benefit from it’s use. This was the one thing I was hesitant to do so about but in the end, I play guitar more these days and would rather be boring and pay off my credit card lol.

That looks amazing, I once had an ESP guitar from that period (strat copy) and the quality was superb. I only wish I was in a band that I could somehow pretend required me to buy a fretted bass...

• James_Taylor changed the title to Seymour Duncan Jazz Bass Traditional, ESP, Made In Japan, 90's Model - PRICE DROP £520
  • James_Taylor changed the title to Seymour Duncan Jazz Bass Traditional, ESP, Made In Japan, 90's Model - PRICE DROP £500
  • James_Taylor changed the title to PRICE DROP £500 - Seymour Duncan Jazz Bass Traditional, ESP, Made In Japan, 90's Model
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • James_Taylor changed the title to SOLD - PRICE DROP £500 - Seymour Duncan Jazz Bass Traditional, ESP, Made In Japan, 90's Model