Why become a member? ×

Though she be but little she is fierce…

Bunion

Been after a Blackstone Mosfet Overdrive for such a long time.

Finally one popped up on the fleabay “saved search” UK based so I had to jump on it.

3E905DCA-D1F2-4347-8347-66FA26E4000B.thumb.jpeg.d8c9ff4e658125b5c6e2aef8ce92ccfd.jpeg

It wasn’t as cheap as I’d like but considering the condition of it (mint) and the cost of import tax and VAT if purchased new from Blackstone it was still reasonable and less hassle.

She’s Definitely little

9807BAEE-55DD-4604-B93A-30ADA682A94A.thumb.jpeg.9088e0a9d050931a570c599a03b8bbc6.jpeg

and she’s definitely fierce 

It’s also exactly what I thought it would be, it sounds very much like an overdriven amp and I’m over the moon with it stock, but theres more!

There are trim pots inside that I haven’t explored yet but just to add a twist there are also two capacitors inside that are are designed to be changeable so you can add your own presence and bass if you so choose.

Yes I know his bass has too many strings and is tuned too high but it is an overdrive designed and built by a guitarist for guitarists…

The external pots are exactly what I want and I think more pedals should head this way, I’m not one to fiddle with stuff, I like to set it and leave it and once set they can’t be knocked or moved unless you want to, although as demonstrated it’s easy enough with a thumb nail or a plectrum.

I’ll leave you with some pictures from the manual that are worth a read if your into overdrive I don’t want to swamp the post with to much text, but needless to say there’s a goodly amount squeezed into the little box and I love it (honeymoon phase?) I think I got what I deserved after such a long wait 

E1F108C3-8F39-4C89-B097-A1D4C8FE5AEE.thumb.jpeg.9e3d16ed4ecee880a79573d0f5b167f6.jpeg

A79CCCFF-9EC5-4D31-B631-FC2DD9830407.thumb.jpeg.351a17ee70d969bcd1f9ac48db585a55.jpeg

Edited by Bunion
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

Excellent run down. I’d be interested to hear how you find it over time. I’ve been sorely tempted by one of these for a long while and almost bit the bullet and ordered one from the US more than once. Jack Roan from Noble Amps recommended it so I would expect good things!

• Like 1

Im certainly looking forward to putting it through it’s paces, I will say if I’d gone the new route and purchased from the US I wouldn’t have been disappointed either it sounds great. 
I’ll have more to say when I’ve delved inside for sure 

Finally had a chance to explore a bit, I haven’t got it at the start of the chain so I switched it from reactive to buffered as advised with the internal switch.

I set the red channel to a slight hint of overdrive for a slightly thicker sound, cream crossroads style and the brown to a good dose of gnarley breakup for that Muse hysteria taste.

I haven’t had a chance to play with the caps but I’ve some on order and I’m looking forward to experimenting there.

Alas no rehearsal this week as a member has been in contact with a covid case at work so is isolating. 
can’t wait to crank up the volume though. 

Edited by Bunion
  • Like 1