Why become a member? ×

Eccles guitar

Andie84

On 07/06/2022 at 14:23, Andie84 said:

Yes, that’s the question.  Should I keep it cos it’s my dad’s. I can’t play the guitar though.  Should I sell? Seems a waste to be sat in a box. It’s been up the attic passed 16 years.

I am guessing that this was a top quality bass in its day, and something that your dad (and others) aspired to own. 

It would be good to learn to play it, to continue your dad's legacy. 

One of two things will happen. 

1. You will try to play it and fail, and so realise what a musical genius your dad was. 

2. You will try to play it and succeed, and preserve a little bit of your family's heritage. 

As for selling it... lots of people have £800 (or whatever it might fetch). But only you have your dad's fretless Eccles 4 string bass...

PS take it out of the attic! The only wood that belongs in the loft a 4x2 roofing timbers. Buy a String Swinger, and mount it on the wall, as befits that very artistic bass.

Edited by bass_dinger
More words
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, Andie84 said:

bass_dinger, you’ve made my day. It’s now out the attic and I’m going to display this one and learn to play his other one.  Thanks everyone for your help and encouragement. 🥰

Is the right outcome. Enjoy. 

• Like 3