Why become a member? ×

Bass Player Magazine - Subscription offers

casapete

12 minutes ago, yorks5stringer said:

By the sound of it you'll get the final Subscribers edition which is next month and then a refund for the rest. Or you could ring them up?

I could do, but I’m busy in working hours and a monthly mag that I barely get time to read is fairly low on list sadly 

6 hours ago, yorks5stringer said:

This  would seem an ideal time for the Editor of Bass Player to post (he and some of their writers are members😉) and clear up the confusion and perhaps map the new path the publication is taking into the virtual world?

@Joel McIvercould you please comment ?

I wasn't going to comment any further on this topic but as it has been revived again (like a knackered horse) I'll add my postscript to the saga.

As I mentioned some time ago there was a 5 issues for £5 offer which I took up. Within my last issue of the 5 was the news the magazine was going online so I rang them up and said I did not want to automatically be subscribed for 1 year  as that was  the condition of the 5 for £5 unless you cancelled at the end of 5 copies. Also my sub money was not taken till the end of the sub on August 8th. The next day I got a refund of £1.25 and then a week later got an email saying I was due £6.25 back. Upon questioning it I was told I would be getting £5.00 back despite me saying the £5 was for my 5 copies which I had received.

So I've received 5 free copies and a further £1.25 for my trouble...madness!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Maybe, I’m a bit late with the reply, but I’d like to chime in and thank you for sharing the subscription offers for Bass Player magazine! As someone who's always looking for new music resources, I appreciate the heads-up. I'll definitely check out the magazine and see if it's worth subscribing to at full price. By the way, have you checked out any literary magazines lately? There are some great ones out there featuring essays about musicians, and important events and discoveries in the world of music, which will probably also inspire and interest you. If you're interested, I'd be happy to recommend a few!

Edited by AizekDon

11 hours ago, AizekDon said:

Maybe, I’m a bit late with the reply, but I’d like to chime in and thank you for sharing the subscription offers for Bass Player magazine! As someone who's always looking for new music resources, I appreciate the heads-up. I'll definitely check out the magazine and see if it's worth subscribing to at full price.

Yep sorry to say you are. They went online only a few months ago.