Why become a member? ×

Envy Of None...

NancyJohnson

Not really as dense and dark as Curve, to my ears anyway, and not really my cup of tea. I expect Alex Lifeson is just happy to be occupied by making music, and good luck to him.

I suppose the crowd-pleasing thing to do would be to make an album of intensely guitar-orientated music that sounds like how he played in Rush's heyday. That is just about the only thing he could do that would be universally well-received. If I was a record company executive I would ask him to listen to one of Peter Frampton's recent solo albums and think about doing something along the same lines. It would certainly garner worldwide interest.

• 4 weeks later...

Being as it's the anniversary today of Garbage's 2.0 album, (which is excellent), I've just grabbed Envy Of None's album - which sounds like it's going to be right up my street. 

• Like 2

On 17/04/2022 at 13:07, Misdee said:

I suppose the crowd-pleasing thing to do would be to make an album of intensely guitar-orientated music that sounds like how he played in Rush's heyday. That is just about the only thing he could do that would be universally well-received.

Then again, it's probably fair to say most people don't care for music that's heavily guitar-centric. With good radio exposure, IMO EoN would have broader appeal than Rush ever did

• Like 1