Why become a member? ×

Ashdown ABM210H

Guest BassAdder27

6 minutes ago, Lozz196 said:

I’d reckon so, my ABM410 was plenty enough for gigs so can’t see the 210 not being enough in a rehearsal room. 

Thanks .. I’m swopping my MarkBass cab with a buddy who has the ABM cab.

Might even add a second for a stack if I like how it sounds 

I had a conversation with Dave last year about my ABM 2 x 10 compact and he said the best thing to do was line the inside of the cab with that wool underlay that you can buy, 15 mm thick if I remember correctly. He says that it tightens up the low end.

When I asked him if it was so good why don`t they do it when they build them? Cost was the answer. 

2 minutes ago, jezzaboy said:

I had a conversation with Dave last year about my ABM 2 x 10 compact and he said the best thing to do was line the inside of the cab with that wool underlay that you can buy, 15 mm thick if I remember correctly. He says that it tightens up the low end.

When I asked him if it was so good why don`t they do it when they build them? Cost was the answer. 

He said the same to me about my sealed Pro Neo cabs or upgrade the actual speakers !

I had two cabs so that’s an expensive upgrade !

I think the ported 210H cabs are fairly decent sounding 

Edited by BassAdder27

2 hours ago, jezzaboy said:

Yup. And Mark Gooday has long been an advocate for unlined cabs - there’s an interview where he says so but also admitted that the rest of the Ashdown crew were slowly twisting his arm to follow the science of lining them!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Merton said:

Yup. And Mark Gooday has long been an advocate for unlined cabs - there’s an interview where he says so but also admitted that the rest of the Ashdown crew were slowly twisting his arm to follow the science of lining them!

I'd be fascinated to know what his reasoning is for this: is cost really all there is? Googling "lined vs unlined bass cabinets" gives me arguments about fretless basses

On 15/04/2022 at 17:07, BassAdder27 said:

I’m quite liking the single 210H at the moment and will see if it’s loud enough for rehearsals 

I think you may have misunderstood my post. I meant put the cabinet on its end so that the two drivers are vertically aligned, one above the other.

17 hours ago, BassAdder27 said:

Ok so had rehearsals and the single 210h cab did it’s job but I’m going to try flipping it on its side ( both speakers vertical ) to see if it’s better for hearing it. 

A lot of 2x10 users position them this way including me. :)