Why become a member? ×

Bass Multi Effects - advice?

rhysyjob

I've had the HX Stomp, Effects, B6, MS-60B, MS70CDR, Boss ME-50b and some of the older Zoom pedals.

I've sold them all but the only one I bought again was the HX Effect which, on reflection, I think works for me best. It doesn't have amps and cabs which I don't need, has easy access to the core effects (as you list) and you can program parallel paths and tweak ad-infinitum if you want. The key for me was realising that it was not hard to set up if you give it 30-60 minutes and a YouTube tutorial. I love it now and have everythign I need as I think the quality of the sounds are fabulous.

10 minutes ago, CJPJ said:

I've had the HX Stomp, Effects, B6, MS-60B, MS70CDR, Boss ME-50b and some of the older Zoom pedals.

I've sold them all but the only one I bought again was the HX Effect which, on reflection, I think works for me best. It doesn't have amps and cabs which I don't need, has easy access to the core effects (as you list) and you can program parallel paths and tweak ad-infinitum if you want. The key for me was realising that it was not hard to set up if you give it 30-60 minutes and a YouTube tutorial. I love it now and have everythign I need as I think the quality of the sounds are fabulous.

Thanks that I did see that you’d cycled through these in quick succession so thanks for your advice (along with others on this forum).

so it’s between the HX Effects, Plethora and GX100.

I going to have a good think. And maybe find a shop that has them all (this may take a few weeks)!

• Like 1

On 16/03/2022 at 10:12, rhysyjob said:

Hi All, 

Im in the market for a Bass Multieffects unit I can take to practice and gigs but I’m a bit of a novice/lazy/confused on programming.

Historically I bought a Helix and never got to grips with it (however in my defence I was in the middle of a Masters at the time).

My needs are quite simple, compressor, chorus, flanger, octave and maybe a bit harmoniser/synth (that tracks).

What I absolutely don’t want is something that I cannot standardise volume on easily. 

Im somewhere near the Zoom B6 or the TC Electronic Plethora.

Any advice or experience would be appreciated. :) 

The Digitech BP355 does all that (plus more). They can often be had for under £100 now.

• 1 year later...

Don't know if it's still relevant but I noticed a Boss GT10-B for sale on here last week at a steal of a price. It's a great unit if you get the software that some bloke in the US made to manage it. While it's a big b*gger by today's standards the sounds are excellent and plentiful. I have no affiliation to the seller, I just think they sound great.