Why become a member? ×

Strap

andy67

Hey folks, looking for some advice/recommendations. Last October, I slipped and fell over onto my right side crushing my arm and shoulder into my side. It was sore but quickly disappeared however, about three weeks later the pain started! So, to cut a longish story short, I had been unable to do much for around 4 months until recently I felt well enough to practice with the band. The problem is that my left shoulder is sore from standing up playing bass with my current strap and I’m now looking for advice and or recommendation for a new padded comfy strap.

Ta in advance, Andy

2 minutes ago, dougieb said:

I use them all the time now, great straps especially when yer getting auld!

Ha ha aye getting auld right enough! It appears the damage and subsequent recovery to my right shoulder and arm has caused injury to my left shoulder and arm also. I guess the left side had being doing the job of two for the last 4 months. I'm 55 next week and I've noticed that any injury has a longer recovery period! 

• Like 1

On 14/03/2022 at 12:59, andy67 said:

Ha ha aye getting auld right enough! It appears the damage and subsequent recovery to my right shoulder and arm has caused injury to my left shoulder and arm also. I guess the left side had being doing the job of two for the last 4 months. I'm 55 next week and I've noticed that any injury has a longer recovery period! 

Tell me about it, everything that used to bounce off disnae any mair! I am plugging on, innumerable muscular and bone problems, turned 64 last month but still gigging away wi twa bands!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dougieb said:

Tell me about it, everything that used to bounce off disnae any mair! I am plugging on, innumerable muscular and bone problems, turned 64 last month but still gigging away wi twa bands!

I'm glad yer still pluggin away mate, any gigs booked in Ediburgh?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, dougieb said:

A few inquires but nothing set in stone, just replaced out drummer so new lad working up the setlists.

Let me know when you have something set up up here and I’ll pop along. I’m off to see Simon McBride at Bannermans tomorrow night 👍

• Like 1