Why become a member? ×

Good exercise for pic players

ubit

Being a predominantly finger style player I am always looking for ways to improve my pic playing. I had forgotten this song from my youth and came across this video of Scott Whitley who was Big Country's bass player until recently. It's a fantastic pic piece and I would love to learn it. Unfortunately I can't find decent tab and I would like to get every note perfect. Great song anyway

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Lozz196 said:

Just shows how valuable Tony Butler was to the band.

Yeah, it was a shame he left but Tony was great too. They have another bass player now Gil Allan but I haven't heard him play yet. There's a video on Youtube where you can hear him and he's good too but you don't see him.

On 11/02/2022 at 09:43, ubit said:

Being a predominantly finger style player I am always looking for ways to improve my pic playing. I had forgotten this song from my youth and came across this video of Scott Whitley who was Big Country's bass player until recently. It's a fantastic pic piece and I would love to learn it. Unfortunately I can't find decent tab and I would like to get every note perfect. Great song anyway

If you use the YouTube app you can slow down songs at the same pitch and learn them much easier. I do this all the time, as I hate tab and it’s always wrong.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NJE said:

If you use the YouTube app you can slow down songs at the same pitch and learn them much easier. I do this all the time, as I hate tab and it’s always wrong.

I agree, it is ALWAYS wrong. Why is this?

I used to use Songster and quite liked it but I cancelled my subscription when I looked at one tab and what they were telling you to do didn't make sense. It would have been finger gymnastics. that's when I realised that they were just as likely to be wrong as me picking things up by ear.