Why become a member? ×

Squire Jazz with EMG,s Now Sold

funkyhobbit

Up for sale is my Squire Jazz.
I bought this from “Marcus” here on basschat a few weeks ago.
I have tried a couple of times to get into Jazz basses (had a nice FMT from Richardd last year) but they are not my thing.
I think that this model is a 62 RI. The bass has the narrow neck profile, skinny frets and brass bridge saddles.
It is in A1 almost new condition the fit and finish is fantastic also. No dings or damage is visible anywhere on the bass.

The tone of the bass is fantastic considering it is made in China. The reason I bought the bass was on tone and playability alone, and had nothing to do with what it said on the headstock.
The tone of the bass is so good that “Marcus” invested some money in the bass by having or own “Bass Doc” retrofit a brand new set of Active EMG, s and check/set the neck. The E and A strings produce a nice chorus sounding “Dong” when slapped and the D and G strings have a nice transparency that you would find on Jazz basses three or four times the price. Sorry no case included but it does come fitted with a fresh set of DR 40-100 Fat beams.

A Gem of a cheapy bass that would pass for a good sounding USA jazz.

I think it is fairly priced to you all at £200.00. No reductions or trades.

I would like cash on collection from someone local to the North East or someone who is prepared to travel.

Here are a few pics, please PM me if you have any interest.

Regards, Mark

Edited by funkyhobbit

Guys........ I'm tellin ya' Jump on this, This is the best Jazz Bass i've played below a good (and I mean a GOOD) USA

The EMG's give it a super clear Jazz tone live..... NOTHING at £200 is going to come vaguely close to this instrument !!

I asked the "FunkyFrodo" for first refusal if he ever sold it and I had to turn it down as i've just asked Bass-Doc to finish my 92 Longhorn in White !!

I only sold this Bass to part fund my DB750

Bargain Bargain Bargain !!!

[quote name='funkyhobbit' post='457746' date='Apr 8 2009, 07:44 PM']Up for sale is my Squire Jazz.

I think that this model is a 62 RI. The bass has the narrow neck profile, skinny frets and brass bridge saddles.[/quote]

Nice Jazz. I think its the Squier Classic Vibe with EMGs added. Certainly looks like it with the colour and the brass saddles. Fantastic basses for the money. Have a bump!

[quote name='funkyhobbit' post='458914' date='Apr 9 2009, 11:14 PM']Thanks for all the equirys the bass is now sold to Warwickhunt. Thanks John for the smooth deal.

Regards,Mark[/quote]

Pleasure Mark and as always a font of solid knowledge on all things bass, great just shooting the breeze and hearing you play. :rolleyes:

I have to confess I'm still reeling a bit from how good this 'Vintage Vibe' is! It may well get an airing on BH Monday... it'll be interesting to see various other Muso's faces when I turn up with a Squier rather than a Warwick or Bolin :)

The one down side is that it makes that Sadowsky or Lakland that little bit harder to justify to SWMBO. :D

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='458966' date='Apr 10 2009, 12:19 AM']Pleasure Mark and as always a font of solid knowledge on all things bass, great just shooting the breeze and hearing you play. :rolleyes:

I have to confess I'm still reeling a bit from how good this 'Vintage Vibe' is! It may well get an airing on BH Monday... it'll be interesting to see various other Muso's faces when I turn up with a Squier rather than a Warwick or Bolin :)

The one down side is that it makes that Sadowsky or Lakland that little bit harder to justify to SWMBO. :D[/quote]

Gan on "JazzHunt"