Why become a member? ×

Nikki Sixx Hamer Standard Bass - where is it now??

NancyJohnson

In early 1986, Alexei Sayle interviewed Motley Crue's Tommy Lee and Nikki Sixx, who were in the UK supporting the Theater Of Pain tour.  (Days later after a date at Hammersmith Odeon, Sixx would overdose and come to in a dumpster the morning after.  He would go on and play the second night without incident.)

At the end of the clip below, Sixx surrenders a Hamer Standard Bass as a competition prize (he used this at Castle Donington 18 months previously).  

I've wondered many times what happened to it.  Anyone know?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, James Nada said:

Seems like in pre-internet era that question would be difficult to answer in full, even for a major Crue-head.  I wonder if someone from the show just sold it.

I'd also love to know if it's still out there.  Hopefully a fan did actually win it.

I do remember someone winning it and putting it up for sale shortly after.  It would be a crying shame if it ended up in a HRC franchise somewhere.

• 8 months later...

It's in the UK . A big Crue fan owns it. It went from here to Canada, it was signed there , then back to ato UK to current owner. 

I'm hoping he is a man of his word because if he Ever lets it go he has given me first bite of the cherry.  Very unlikely to happen but if it does   as well as the money he is sniffing around my leathur collection that includes a first press and Vinces first tour pass.

7 minutes ago, Imp 666 said:

It's in the UK . A big Crue fan owns it. It went from here to Canada, it was signed there , then back to ato UK to current owner. 

I'm hoping he is a man of his word because if he Ever lets it go he has given me first bite of the cherry.  Very unlikely to happen but if it does   as well as the money he is sniffing around my leathur collection that includes a first press and Vinces first tour pass.

Screenshot_20221004-195125_Facebook.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, NancyJohnson said:

I suspect that it's either the case the owner doesn't know better OR these are the original string covered in icky Sixx DNA.

It’s more that the string isn’t swayed on the bridge properly.

Can’t imagine this is a bass that’s played much.

On 05/10/2022 at 21:07, James Nada said:

What do we think it's worth?

Obvs, The value of a damaged Hamer + The value of a very cool item of  Crue memorabilia.

So £1000 + £5000  = £6000

Any advance on that?

Right now after their reunion tour it may be even higher! If the owner waited until Nikki Sixx dies (gonna be waiting a while as that dude seems invincible or at least hard to keep dead) it may go up even more!

Edited by Tim2291

• 3 weeks later...
On 05/10/2022 at 14:38, NancyJohnson said:

It's an interesting update...often wondered where it went.  Didn't actually realise it had a whammy.

Great pity that he didn't really cherish his gear; I dread to think how many FBIVs he smashed up (just makes mine rarer I suppose).  

Just wondering what the whammy is in the travels of this bass ?