Why become a member? ×

Wal MkII 5-String - *SOLD*
£7995
Woking

lowregisterhead

8 hours ago, mikeswals said:

Once it hits the US, the shipping company will tack on 5% of the sale price to the receiver for the Duty fee. The receiver may or may not have any sales tax depending on what State they live in.

You as a seller will have to print up a simple invoice and attach to a pouch on the outside of the box to make things easy for all parties.

Thanks, that's useful info! No concrete offers from Stateside yet, but plenty of interest...

6 hours ago, Don Medlin said:

Do you have an estimate for the duties and taxes?

Hi Don, if you read the PM I sent you several days ago, it contains the approximate shipping weight and dimensions. Go to UPS or some similar carrier's website, and it'll work out a more accurate cost depending on your location. You'd need to check with your local Customs service to find out what the import duty or taxes might be.

Edited by lowregisterhead

On 28/01/2022 at 23:05, Don Medlin said:

Do you have an estimate for the duties and taxes?

it's 5% the declared value of the package. just need to make sure the correct code is entered in the shipping invoice. typically you'll get billed for it later, but there are some couriers that require you to pay the duty first before they deliver it to you. also, some states track import shipments and will require you do pay "use tax", which is equivalent to your sales tax, when you file your state taxes. if you don't list it in your state filed taxes, you'll get a penalty added to what you owe. this happened to me on a couple Wals I had imported in ☹️

Edited by kulit17
  • Thanks 1