Why become a member? ×

⭐️ 1995 Warwick SS1 £1650. May take a part ex against a head/lightweight cab or combo ⭐️
£1650
South Wales or Manchester

Dazed

• Dazed changed the title to 1995 Warwick SS1 Broadneck 5 f/l. Offers before I burn it.

Maybe people only see the word fretless, not the instrument. This surely is an interesting deal, and fretless - although needs some time - is actually very fun to play. Even very simple lines sound different, and the string choice can change the sound a lot. Try flats, try thin roundwounds, make this black lady sing. Broadneck is also very tempting option.

• Like 2

The reality is it would cost, what £100-150 to (if someone really wanted to) have it fretted. It’s a fantastic bass, great build quality, early era Warwick that was one off build. I doubt there’s another with the same spec sheet.
Yes it’s a Broadneck but it’s also very adjustable thanks to the Warwick bridge and has the proper brass adjustable nut which I personally love and would fit to every bass, so wide string spacing isn’t fixed at that. The neck is wide but very flat and comfortable, not one of the later post ‘95 baseball bat thick necks. It feels nice to play and sounds great. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Ross

its a Broadneck, so bridge spacing goes upto 20mm down to 18ish , I haven’t checked how close the saddles shift together.

Its an original brass adjust a nut so as you probably know height is adjustable. I’ll need to check the spacing. 

It is a wide neck but very comfortable even with my smallish hands, it’s quite a shallow flat profile the same as earlier Warwicks had, the thicker ‘baseball bat’ profile came in after this build. 

11 hours ago, Dazed said:

Hi Ross

its a Broadneck, so bridge spacing goes upto 20mm down to 18ish , I haven’t checked how close the saddles shift together.

Its an original brass adjust a nut so as you probably know height is adjustable. I’ll need to check the spacing. 

It is a wide neck but very comfortable even with my smallish hands, it’s quite a shallow flat profile the same as earlier Warwicks had, the thicker ‘baseball bat’ profile came in after this build. 

Thanks for the detailed reply..

• 1 month later...

SO... I would like to point out something that is TOTALLY AGAINST EVERY SINGLE Warwick Bass that I have ever seen that is a neck through...

Being a Warwick player since 93' and a professed expert on their "Hey-day," builds and constructions...

This bass DOES NOT, have an angled fretboard ramp where it meets the neck/body. I have NEVER ... EVER... witnessed the lack of that signature manufacture in a Warwick neck-through construction.

SO... this MAY BE... the singular existence of said construction... I'll trade you for one of the first USA Spector Bolt-On (aka BOB) basses that Stuart built personally from the late 90's. Only 150 made.

• Like 1

• Dazed changed the title to 1995 Warwick SS1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Dazed changed the title to ⭐️ 1995 Warwick SS1 £1650. Make an offer if interested ⭐️
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Dazed changed the title to ⭐️ 1995 Warwick SS1 £1650. May take a part ex against a head/lightweight cab or combo ⭐️