Why become a member? ×

Meh!

Dom in Dorset

The last gig I had booked with my country rock trio was for the 21st march 2020. 

The lockdown started that night so it was postponed....

Tonight is the rescheduled gig....and I've got a cold. I've done a covid test and at least that was negative, all I have to do now is overcome the brain fog and hope my voice holds out. 

I've had two years to have this cold and I have it now . Meh.

• Sad 1

I'm the same at the moment.

Was worried about it being Covid at first (especially as our singer now has it and we've had to cancel the rest of our gigs this year) but after testing a few times mine is just a really naff cold. Lots of them going around here at the moment. My next gig is with my acoustic duo next Tuesday so hoping I'll be 100% by then.

Hope your voice holds out for tonight.

• Like 2

My voice should be ok (ish) I'm struggling with high notes but the guitarist takes the high parts in harmonies so I'll get some help....he hasn't been singing in rehearsals due to his own ongoing throat issues. He reckons he'll sing tonight. 🤞the by brain fog seems to be the main problem, I have a lot of lyrics to remember including three new songs. I shall be spending the afternoon writing crib sheets.

At least I've settled on my stage gear , I'm going double denim.

As predicted once we got started it all fell into place. The cold backed of for the duration and my voice was in good form.

Most of the problems I had were due to poor eyesight , bringing the wrong glasses and then breaking the ones I did bring.

As it was nearly two years since we graced the stage we were just happy to be there. My partner got some pictures and videos which we'll look at later.

Today I'm croaking like a frog and I'm the source of 80 percent of the world's mucus.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Dom in Dorset said:

As predicted once we got started it all fell into place. The cold backed of for the duration and my voice was in good form.

Most of the problems I had were due to poor eyesight , bringing the wrong glasses and then breaking the ones I did bring.

As it was nearly two years since we graced the stage we were just happy to be there. My partner got some pictures and videos which we'll look at later.

Today I'm croaking like a frog and I'm the source of 80 percent of the world's mucus.

It’s amazing what a bit of adrenaline and determination can overcome! Well done for getting through it and doing a good job. (Spare glasses kept in the car maybe from now on? 😆)