Why become a member? ×

Favourite TC Electronic Toneprints

Boodang

Bought a few TC pedals recently and just love the toneprint facility. Everytime I download and try out a new print it's like buying a new pedal, and it does make them very versatile. 

So, what are other people's favourite toneprints?

At the moment I'm using Captain East on the spectracomp as it's a nice 3 band setting which gives the bass frequencies some punch without squishing the top end (this is on permanently now).

Funk in the Trunk tube drive, nice for when you want to drive the bass forward in the mix a bit.

Gwizdala's Sausage & Beer on the Fashback2. Three or four repeats so not overwhelming. 

Steve Vai's Ocean Machine on the HoF2. A nice wide wash with a bit of chorus.

3 hours ago, Boodang said:

Bought a few TC pedals recently and just love the toneprint facility. Everytime I download and try out a new print it's like buying a new pedal, and it does make them very versatile. 

So, what are other people's favourite toneprints?

At the moment I'm using Captain East on the spectracomp as it's a nice 3 band setting which gives the bass frequencies some punch without squishing the top end (this is on permanently now).

Funk in the Trunk tube drive, nice for when you want to drive the bass forward in the mix a bit.

Gwizdala's Sausage & Beer on the Fashback2. Three or four repeats so not overwhelming. 

Steve Vai's Ocean Machine on the HoF2. A nice wide wash with a bit of chorus.

Nik West’s Spectracomp TonePrint is great.  

I use a T. C Dreamscape & favour "Roscoe Beck's" sonic string modulator print & I use a Mini HOF 2  with various reverb's " Shimmering Star" for fretless sounds' they are great Pedals with multitudes of applications the "Dreamscape"  accommodates all of the Corona Chorus Prints also. 

Edited by paulo m

38 minutes ago, funkydoug said:

Always been curious about these. Is there a good oc2 octave one for the sub n up??

According to their blurb it has an 'old school' monophonic octaver setting. I haven't tried it so I don't know how close to an OC2 it can get but I'll be interested to hear from others who have tried it. 

Apparently the toneprints enable modulation as well as octaver settings which sound interesting.... I'm tempted!

Edited by Boodang
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Boodang said:

According to their blurb it has an 'old school' monophonic octaver setting. I haven't tried it so I don't know how close to an OC2 it can get but I'll be interested to hear from others who have tried it. 

Apparently the toneprints enable modulation as well as octaver settings which sound interesting.... I'm tempted!

I just picked up a Sub N Up mini and have started looking thru the Tone prints. There's loads with modulation and reverb built in to them. 

Interestingly my Andoid phone only shows a few of the Prints in the app but my iPhone has loads more on it. Weird.... 

2 hours ago, Mudpup said:

I just picked up a Sub N Up mini and have started looking thru the Tone prints. There's loads with modulation and reverb built in to them. 

Interestingly my Andoid phone only shows a few of the Prints in the app but my iPhone has loads more on it. Weird.... 

Have you tried the 'Classic' toneprint yet that does the old school monophonic thing?

25 minutes ago, Boodang said:

Have you tried the 'Classic' toneprint yet that does the old school monophonic thing?

Yep i had a quick blast through most of them last night on the headphones. That Toneprint idea is loads of fun.....

15 hours ago, Mudpup said:

Yep i had a quick blast through most of them last night on the headphones. That Toneprint idea is loads of fun.....

Each toneprint radically changes the nature of a pedal... great fun. 

Out of interest, does the classic toneprint get close to the OC2 sound?

1 hour ago, Boodang said:

Each toneprint radically changes the nature of a pedal... great fun. 

Out of interest, does the classic toneprint get close to the OC2 sound?

I haven't used an OC2 for years - sorry, i wouldn't be sure.