Why become a member? ×

Warmoth '57 single coil P bass

mathewsanchez

I'd like to just briefly explain why i've come to put this up for sale. I am in by no means any rush to let this bass go, it looks, sounds and plays beautifully. It gives a stunning round, warm p bass tone with a little top end bite which is just lovely, particularly for motown and 60s fingerstyle stuff.

The original sale thread is [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=33803&hl=warmoth"]here[/url] with full spec, and there's also a thread in the build diaries section of the forum showing the building of the bass, so no secrets, although i do suggest you read the original sale thread as it gives an outline of the minor defects. The action is currently a little high but it just needs a setup, the neck itself is dead straight. The only reason i've chosen this bass to part with over the others is because it doesn't hold as much sentimental value to me as the others as i've only had it a short time, in fact it is probably better than my stingray but i love that thing.

If I do let this go i'd be looking for [s]offers around £550[/s] [s]£450[/s] [b]£350[/b]. Local pickup only (suffolk).

More photos below in post #4. Any questions feel free to ask.

Edited by mathewsanchez

This was my bass originally and I built it from its constituent parts.

Its had the best of everything put into it including gotoh lightweight reverse machineheads, Lollar pickup and paper-in-oil cap so I can vouch for how good it is.

[quote name='Delberthot' post='452747' date='Apr 2 2009, 09:15 PM']This was my bass originally and I built it from its constituent parts.

Its had the best of everything put into it including gotoh lightweight reverse machineheads, Lollar pickup and paper-in-oil cap so I can vouch for how good it is.[/quote]
Cheers, you did a damn good job on it. Looking back over the build diary hasn't made it any easier for me to part with it.

Oh, i'd better go take those photos before it's too dark.

I forgot about the captain birdseye maple neck. i didn't specify it but it does have quite a lot of captain birdseye goodness.

That's a mighty fine bass. The sound is absolutely monsterous. Such a great, full sound. So much so, you'd think I was talking myself into buying it back again. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[quote name='margusalviste' post='504139' date='Jun 2 2009, 07:57 PM']what's the weight?[/quote]
Not sure, don't have any accurate scales. Similar to my jazz in weight really, not noticebly heavy at all.

[quote name='Jesso' post='504304' date='Jun 2 2009, 10:41 PM'](LONGSHOT) don't fancy trading for a wee minimark do you? Best practice amp in the universe![/quote]
Sorry, no thanks. I'm a Hartke guy. :)

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

[quote name='mathewsanchez' post='1242943' date='May 24 2011, 01:44 PM']Need funds soon for a fretless so selling cheap at £350. Pretty sure it's worth more than that as parts.[/quote]

"That's an awefull lot of bass for the money" he says, stating the obvious.

Edited by desmondpot