Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Bass just not cutting it anymore

My Dean Edge Q6 bass over time has suddenly been sounding fuzzier and is always breaking the cones on my amp
i am using a half stack 4x10 but never going beyond 3/4 full volume

i tried to look into the matter , and i heard somebody saying about the pickups going after a year and a half...
i've had the bass for 2 years

overall , the bass just doesnt seem to sound as good as it did when i first bought it?

suggestions?

[quote name='cris the man' post='451825' date='Apr 1 2009, 06:21 PM']My Dean Edge Q6 bass over time has suddenly been sounding fuzzier and is always breaking the cones on my amp i am using a half stack 4x10 but never going beyond 3/4 full volume.[/quote]

If you're blowing speakers then you're pushing the cab too hard. Most amps reach full power at only 1/2 volume (technically half gain).

Fuzzy sounding basses is indeed likely to be a battery issue. Not a lot else to go wrong!

Alex

[quote name='mr_russ' post='451845' date='Apr 1 2009, 06:36 PM']I'm pretty sure those basses are active - have you changed the battery?[/quote]

Could be batterys, but usually when they go, they go very quickly. The batterys on my active basses normally sound a little fuzzy and then more or less 20 minutes playing time later they are flat.

[quote name='Johngh' post='451882' date='Apr 1 2009, 07:39 PM']Could be batterys, but usually when they go, they go very quickly. The batterys on my active basses normally sound a little fuzzy and then more or less 20 minutes playing time later they are flat.[/quote]

I think that'll depend on the discharge curve of the battery and the minimum voltage the preamp requires to work.

Alex

[quote name='Lfalex v1.1' post='453555' date='Apr 3 2009, 05:47 PM']When you get a new battery, change your strings, clean your frets/fretboard and give your pots a few wipes.
Assuming there's nothing else amiss, it'll be as good as new![/quote]

well , i changed the battery and took to band practise , bringing the jazz bass just incase. I must say the bass still just doesn't seem to sound nice as it should :)

Edited by cris the man