Why become a member? ×

Fender Rumble help!

AJ88

Hi

i was hoping someone could help. Tried Googling but not getting very far. 

I have the fender rumble 800HD and two rumble 115 cabinets. I love them but I don’t know a whole lot about amps etc.

I may have an outdoor gig in a month or so and I was wondering if I can add a 3rd 115 cabinet? The cabs are 8ohm and the amp can drop to 2ohm, but there’s only two speakon outs and no parallel outs on the cabinets.

can I get a splitter for one speakon out? If I do that will it put pressure on the other speakon out? 

sorry if any of it should be obvious! 

thanks

Be aware that you cannot use an instrument cable to connect the  cabinets. The cable is nit designed to take the high currents involved and neither are most jack plugs. I can make you a cable or you can use some of the reputable companies online. To ensure you know that this is a speaker cable, I suggest a jack on one end and a Speakon on the other. Use either Neutrik, Cliff or Amphenol speakons and Neutrik Jacks,

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Downunderwonder said:

I question the need for the extra cab.

Is there PA support? Best to dial it back a bit and let the PA be loud and proud without interference from the stage rig getting into drum mics.

If no PA support, best to stay under the vocals and not drown out the drums etc. No third cab required.

Agreed.

IIRC the Rumble 800 gives out it’s full 800 watts output into either a 4 or 2 ohm load, so you’ll only be gaining more spread with a third cab. Also it has to be said that they are loud amps, and using two fifteen inch cabs will already be shifting some air! Have you tried it in this situation before and found it lacking? Do you use ear protection too? 🤣