Why become a member? ×

NBD - Sterling Sub Ray 4HH

TransistorBassMan

I've always thought that Stingrays sound great, unless I'm playing one. To be honest, most single pickup basses don't give me the sound I want. (I think it's down to that weird tuning I use)

I wondered if an HH Stingray could be the answer, so I tried one, and it is the answer. 

I didn't buy this to be my first choice bass, just to give me some more options. It arrived half an hour ago, and all seems to be in order. I'll give it a proper setup and play later on.

20210709_094456.jpg

Edited by TransistorBassMan
  • Like 3

Looks great Rog, I’ve always found the same re Stingrays and likewise wondered if the HH config might sound more “me”. 

And now it looks like you’ve found the answer, which will set me on a quest no doubt.

Would be up my avenue were the colours a bit more exiting. The gloss finishes are sky blue and 'Russian army green' which are not really me. I also have an irrational hatred of satin finishes with visible grain.

16 minutes ago, Machines said:

Would be up my avenue were the colours a bit more exiting. The gloss finishes are sky blue and 'Russian army green' which are not really me. I also have an irrational hatred of satin finishes with visible grain.

There's also a gloss Candy Apple Red now. It hit the UK shops last week

https://www.gak.co.uk/en/sterling-ray4-hh-sub-bass-candy-apple-red/943005

Edited by TransistorBassMan
  • Like 1