Why become a member? ×

Ignore

AndyTravis

Either Mrs T has tidied it away…or one of my delightful children has messed with and lost…the neck plate to a Yamaha BB350F.

They’re about 10mm longer than a fender one I have spare but a remarkably similar width.

Handy. 😒

Am I on a hiding to nothing and just need to redrill or does someone know of a supplier of oddly sized neck plates.

Another option is to do the more modern sunken washer x 4 in the body.

Im genuinely just piddled off - why can’t stuff be left alone?!

Edited by AndyTravis
Found it
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

Either Mrs T has tidied it away…or one of my delightful children has messed with and lost…the neck plate to a Yamaha BB350F.

They’re about 10mm longer than a fender one I have spare but a remarkably similar width.

Handy. 😒

Am I on a hiding to nothing and just need to redrill or does someone know of a supplier of oddly sized neck plates.

Another option is to do the more modern sunken washer x 4 in the body.

Im genuinely just piddled off - why can’t stuff be left alone?!

Mrs T is probably a little piddled off thinking .... bits of guitar everywhere, why can't he just put stuff away??!! ....  then I wouldn't have to tidy it 😁

Can Yamaha not supply you one directly?

3 minutes ago, Waddo Soqable said:

As regards making one.. It's not too bad especially if you've got a small angle grinder and a decent ish drill.. I made one from a bit of galv plate from a joist hanger once ..

I Might go the sunken washer method…how had can it be…

79252AD6-FD18-4A70-ACD0-26EB031A3C42.png

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Waddo Soqable said:

If I'd done something like that I'd be castigated as being a  "Knob" !.. anyway great news that its not lost, and you've no metal bashing in your immediate future..

You didn't bin any of her shoes btw .... did you??

I am a knob. And I didn’t bin any shoes as I dismantled a sideboard in the hallway - convinced that it’d fallen behind a draw.

• Haha 1