Why become a member? ×

SOLD Please remove

cd_david

Hi
Im selling this on behalf of a student. I have cleaned it, set it up, action, intonation, truss rod tweek, and put some newer strings on . I have to admit wish i could keep this as it plays very nicely. Sounds great as well.
Condition wise there is a small .5mm deep ding on the back of the neck about the 7th fret, and some buckle rash but thats all.
Active with 2 vols and 2 tones, I think one is a sweep?
2 Humbuckers, and 5 bolt on, 3 piece neck. Comes with basic gig bag.
Like i say great bass but i cant justify this as i have a deal lined up for another bass :)

I think this bass is worth [size=5][b]175[/b][/size] of anyones money collected from Newcastle area.

Thanks

Dave

From Spector.

• Original Spector NS curved body shape

• 3 pc Bolt-On Rock Maple Neck, 24 Fret Rosewood Fingerboard, 34" scale

• Black Hardware, Spector Locking Bridge

• High Gloss Finishes, Genuine Quilted Maple Top:
Black Cherry, Holoflash Black (4 string only), Natural, Slate Grey

• EMG-SSD passive humbuckers, active Spector TonePump Jr. boost only active tone controls

• Width at nut 1.56", string spacing at bridge .75", fingerboard radius 16"

• Truss rod allen wrench size 5mm, bridge allen wrench size 2mm

• Five year warranty against defects to the original owner

Edited by cd_david

[quote name='Rowbee' post='448058' date='Mar 28 2009, 01:16 PM']That is a beautiful looking fish - what's the RRP on a brand new one?[/quote]

$699 in the states for a 4 string or £370 for a 5 string in the UK

Edited by cd_david

[quote name='Ghost Rider' post='448731' date='Mar 29 2009, 02:51 PM']one of my mates maybe interested, what would your student friend take for it?[/quote]

Make a reasonable offer and ill put it to him, should see him monday/ tuesday.

Thanks
Dave

[quote name='Plux_the_Duck' post='450788' date='Mar 31 2009, 07:07 PM']If you were closer to brighton I would be offering now but
its not to be :) :rolleyes:[/quote]

Anybody travel arrangements coincide with Tyneside and Brighton area? Long shot i know

Ps Im in London on the 29th May.

Dave

[quote name='cd_david' post='450332' date='Mar 31 2009, 10:36 AM']Desperate student/ Offers now invited bump.

Dave :rolleyes:[/quote]

Ha ha, if you were that desperate you'd be flogging the Vigier Passion on the wall. Wish mine was that colour ! :)

[quote name='far0n' post='451358' date='Apr 1 2009, 12:21 PM']Ha ha, if you were that desperate you'd be flogging the Vigier Passion on the wall. Wish mine was that colour ! :)[/quote]

Not my bass mate, it really does belong to one of my students who needs the cash to move into a new flat.

I don't think i will ever sell the Vigier and it is a beautiful colour, what colour is yours?

[quote name='cd_david' post='451379' date='Apr 1 2009, 12:30 PM']Not my bass mate, it really does belong to one of my students who needs the cash to move into a new flat.

I don't think i will ever sell the Vigier and it is a beautiful colour, what colour is yours?[/quote]

A very nice, red colour :)

[quote]The NS design was developed and registered by Ned Steinberger around the middle of the seventies.
Soon after Stuart Spector got the exclusive to use the body shape, and started making its own NS basses.

Later, around 1984 Warwick was licensed dy Spector to use the NS design.
Yoy can see very first Streamers has "Licensed By Spector" on the trussrod cover.

A few years later, some problems emerged between Spector and Warwick, and the struggle ended in front of a Court.[/quote]

Apparently. From the [url="http://www.warwick.de/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1020"]Warwick forum[/url]

Spector all the way for me. Nice bass, nice price.

Edited by johnnylager

• 3 weeks later...